PDA

View Full Version : Wright way to mow

RedMax Man
05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Puchased a New Wright Stander 23HP 52" deck mower the other day. Also got a Grass Gobbler and free set of Gator blades with it. It replaced my Toro Pro-Line 48" mower. Its an awesome machine and a blast to ride. Never knew mowing could be so enjoyable. Still getting used to it and mowing with it.

RedMax Man
05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
My Walker... and stripes from the first day using the Stander. Gotta improve the striping alot though. I will be doing some nice properties tomorrow so it should make some killer stripes hopefully.

SNAPPER MAN
05-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Looks nice. Its too bad there are not good dealers around me for wright because there is no real market for them here.

02DURAMAX
05-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I bet you after a month you'll like you stander more than the walker....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

RedMax Man
05-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I bet you after a month you'll like you stander more than the walker....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Um i think i did after the first hour. The Walker still has it's special uses that no other mower is better at. Can't wait till i master the Stander.

BryceBentleyLCS
05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
The stander looks great, I never used one, I cant find anyone who sells them, but I wish I had a walker in my Fleet, nice mowers:usflag:

deere615
05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Nice Mower Micah. I would love to have a stander one day.

brucec
05-15-2008, 11:44 PM
The Wright is exactly what I want, what did it run out the door. Thanks!

S man
05-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Looks good! It must feel good to upgrade from that old toro w/b. Those back tires are hugh! Good luck this year.

wayside
05-16-2008, 12:41 AM
looks good ! you will get used to it in no time ...

kleankutslawn
05-16-2008, 01:09 AM
nice machine

Petr51488
05-16-2008, 01:21 AM
A few questions. Won't it kill your knee's bouncing around on a sold surface like that? A spring kit would be a good idea for it to absorb the shocks. I also have the grass gobler, and it might just be my area, but they give off soo much dust.. I ended up getting a few mower bags, and stitching the inside up with the bag and it works great. No dust. What do you plan on doing with it?

ATouchofGrass
05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Looks real good! How much did the wright run you?

mikewhit1010
05-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of equipment you have. I know you are younger which is very impressive. All that stuff has a large price tag on it and its funny you can afford it all by pushing a lawn mower. I laugh at my buddies you think we dont make anything doing this. I went to a private college and I decided to do this instead after graduation. I am doing better then most of them. Good luck and the equipment looks great.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Those machines look too clean to go to work! Are you sure you mow with those machines????

A-Land
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
How in hell do you get access to the bottom of the deck? How do you change the blades??

J&R Landscaping
05-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Nice machine. I was debating about grabbing one this spring but found the wb I was looking for and went that route instead. Good luck with the new stander!

RedMax Man
05-16-2008, 11:52 PM
A few questions. Won't it kill your knee's bouncing around on a sold surface like that? A spring kit would be a good idea for it to absorb the shocks. I also have the grass gobler, and it might just be my area, but they give off soo much dust.. I ended up getting a few mower bags, and stitching the inside up with the bag and it works great. No dust. What do you plan on doing with it?
The concept is difficult to understand until you actually use one for a while. its not painfull. I havent even used the gobbler yet on this mower.
Looks real good! How much did the wright run you?
$7189 plus Tax
I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of equipment you have. I know you are younger which is very impressive. All that stuff has a large price tag on it and its funny you can afford it all by pushing a lawn mower. I laugh at my buddies you think we dont make anything doing this. I went to a private college and I decided to do this instead after graduation. I am doing better then most of them. Good luck and the equipment looks great.

I gotta deal with people everyday who have no idea what kinda effort and money goes into operating a business like this. They think they can push me over any way they want. You have to be able to stand your ground. thanks for the comments. I'm in college also and just finished my finals this week, what a relief.

Those machines look too clean to go to work! Are you sure you mow with those machines????
Ahh when the are new they aren't dirty yet. They get blown off every day and the lawns aren't so shabby that it destroys them.
How in hell do you get access to the bottom of the deck? How do you change the blades??

Same way you would on a rider zero turn mowing or walkbehind. lift the front end up.

S man
05-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Do you change the height often? How do you get that heavy a$$ mower up to change the spacers? My 32 was a real pain to adjust because of how heavy it was.

Lawn Enforcer
05-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Hey, you got bit by the stander bug! Standers are amazing machines, your productivity will go through the roof! Have fun and good luck!

RedMax Man
05-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Do you change the height often? How do you get that heavy a$$ mower up to change the spacers? My 32 was a real pain to adjust because of how heavy it was.

No i don't change the height. I have a Jungle Jack to lift the mower deck easily.

RedMax Man
05-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey, you got bit by the stander bug! Standers are amazing machines, your productivity will go through the roof! Have fun and good luck!

Yup the Stander and Walker is the best combo for me. Its crazy how efficient this mower can be and i can attack all types of terrain. Thanks.

lawnbutch
05-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Wright Stander RH 36" with Gobbler is working very well for us. Man this mower has very good up lift of the grass, and wet or dry it makes no diff. We paid out the door for just the mower was $6000.00.

PORTER 05
05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
good to see us local youngster building, i love it....

did you pay for it right out or are you doing payments

also i saw you have stickers of youre buisness , where did you get those ??...id like to make some up for ours, thanks-

huskres
05-17-2008, 08:46 PM
how do you not scalp on any slopes with that?

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I have never had a scalping problem with my Standers.........

Itsgottobegreen
05-17-2008, 10:11 PM

I wouldn't quite say that. I have own both and its a pretty even split as both have thier own nitches. Walkers aren't worth a crap on a hill, but standers don't bag worth a crap with leaves. Yet walkers are the best thing in the world for leaves and standers are the best thing in the world for hills. So your really need one of each.

02DURAMAX
05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't quite say that. I have own both and its a pretty even split as both have thier own nitches. Walkers aren't worth a crap on a hill, but standers don't bag worth a crap with leaves. Yet walkers are the best thing in the world for leaves and standers are the best thing in the world for hills. So your really need one of each.

I know..I would love to have a walker for clean ups!

02DURAMAX
05-18-2008, 11:23 AM
My stander never scalps..and mows great.

deere615
05-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I gotta deal with people everyday who have no idea what kinda effort and money goes into operating a business like this. They think they can push me over any way they want. You have to be able to stand your ground. thanks for the comments. I'm in college also and just finished my finals this week, what a relief.

I have 3 days of classes left this week and finals the following week, I can't wait for them to be over

Lawn Enforcer
05-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, and I really don't care what kind of stander it is, standers are the only way to go in my opinion. Walkers are pretty awesome too at what they do, but for regular mowing, standers rock!

RedMax Man
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
good to see us local youngster building, i love it....

did you pay for it right out or are you doing payments

also i saw you have stickers of youre buisness , where did you get those ??...id like to make some up for ours, thanks-
Paid out right. And a family member loaned me 3k for a month to keep my cash flow steady. Got those stickers from the same place i get my shirts. they'll last foever and i have about 150 of them and put them on everything.
I have never had a scalping problem with my Standers.........
Yeah i havent had any problems either.
I agree. Its a nice feeling to go up hills to as easy as going down them and on wide open flat terrain. It goes anywhere the deck can fit through.

MysticLandscape
05-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Wheres the stripes already.....

RedMax Man
05-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Wheres the stripes already.....

Havent taken the time to get pics of them. Full day of mowing tomorrow so i should be able to get some more.

RedMax Man
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
lawn pics.. Still need to improve the quality

AndyTblc
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Pics look good.

deere615
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
That thing stripes nice, looks really good

Lawn Enforcer
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
You must have had in mind to buy a stander this winter because you purchased a larger trailer. I couldn't figure out why you bought a different trailer because you other mowers fit on you other trailer just fine. The whole rig looks awesome man!

Supper Grassy
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Great Pics,

I like the stickers alot

RedMax Man
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
That thing stripes nice, looks really good
Yes it stripes better then i thought it would. I can do better just gotta get the hang of it on the new mower.
You must have had in mind to buy a stander this winter because you purchased a larger trailer. I couldn't figure out why you bought a different trailer because you other mowers fit on you other trailer just fine. The whole rig looks awesome man!
Yes, I've been planning in advance for a long time. Yes that was why i got the longer trailer cuz i needed more space. Thanks for the comments.

Great Pics,
I like the stickers alot

Yup. Thats my way of branding i guess.

DoetschOutdoor
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Everything looks good man. Your rig has really come together now with what you have. Just wait until you get a few hours on the mowers and get some nice patterns burned in. I have still yet to drive a stander but I am going to here shortly bc I have some nasty hills and they seem to be the way to go.

DSLND
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Micah,

The mower looks great! I have basically sold myself on the idea to sell my ztr and get a stander. The ztr is basically too big for my operation. But a 48 stander would be perfect. If you dont mind, could you pm me with the pricing for the machine you bought?

Thanks!

-Mitch-

02DURAMAX
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Micah,

The mower looks great! I have basically sold myself on the idea to sell my ztr and get a stander. The ztr is basically too big for my operation. But a 48 stander would be perfect. If you dont mind, could you pm me with the pricing for the machine you bought?

Thanks!

-Mitch-

If you read before you post it helps///////

$7189 plus Tax

matt's lawn care
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Nice stander. I think my next mower will be a 48" stander whenever that time comes. The stripes look good too, looks like you got the hang of it.

What??? My post count restarted.
EDIT: ha wrong screen name... I think I am going crazy.

RedMax Man
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice stander. I think my next mower will be a 48" stander whenever that time comes. The stripes look good too, looks like you got the hang of it.

What??? My post count restarted.
EDIT: ha wrong screen name... I think I am going crazy.

Another member got jealous it looks like and now has the same avatar as me.:rolleyes:

RedMax Man
05-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Rookie Stander stander

South Florida Lawns
05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I like those standers

nosparkplugs
05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
would you use the wright stander on a 15 acre church? I got a picture with president Bush on a Wright Stander Sweat mower!! I love those made in USA flags

RedMax Man
05-25-2008, 09:39 PM
would you use the wright stander on a 15 acre church? I got a picture with president Bush on a Wright Stander Sweat mower!! I love those made in USA flags

Yes, I'd ride it all day easily. Any particular reason why you ask?

I've seen the pics and vids of the president on the Stander too.

The USA flag is always a good symbol:usflag:

nosparkplugs
05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Just wondered I had an engine blow several years ago, and used our walkbehind & sulky to finish this 15 acre church, and it wore me out standing up. I know that the wright stand up has a suspension plateform; however I would need to see some ride this standing up for hours on end. The only mowers so far to ride comfortable is a front mount mower. Our employee's will fight over who is operating a front mount mower over the mid mounts we have owned over the years. I cannot say anything negative about the stand-ups just wondering about how they ride.

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Actually Standers do not have a suspension platform, there is a dead-man switch on the platform.....Danes, JD's, etc do have suspension...........

TPnTX
05-26-2008, 08:40 AM
this is interesting to me. Earlier this year we did a little test on an open field. It's not rutted but still rough in places.

So I was on the 36" scag with jungle wheels. My worker on the toro 44" ZMaster.

I ran circles around him because he had to back off for the bounce.

It absorbing this kind of shock with you legs, knees and basically whole body is much more natural than absorbing it with your ass and back.

Now we have a 61" Scag ztr and we haven't re-done the test yet. I probably can't out mow him on that.

The point though is I bet a stander is far less stress on a person than any rider.

I want to demo one.

RedMax Man
05-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I havent mowed on the Stander nonstop for several hours yet but it hasn't worn me out yet at all.

What makes a stander better than a walkbehind mower with a sulky is the fact that you are closer to the center of the machine and not being whipped around on the tail end on a sulky. The stander is very compact and gives the rider the ability to position themselves to match the terrain they are rider on.

When going over rough terrain on a Stander you feel the stress only in your knees and it is normal feeling where as on a rider Zeroturn mower the stress is felt from your waist to you head and arms.

F3Nelson
05-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Do the wider Standers hold hills better than the 36 Standers, my 36 doesnt seem to like hills at all. I was wondering if Id need a walkbehind instead of wider stander.

Its a great machine, the controls are easier on the hands/writsts than pistol grip mahcines.

RedMax Man
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Do the wider Standers hold hills better than the 36 Standers, my 36 doesnt seem to like hills at all. I was wondering if Id need a walkbehind instead of wider stander.

Its a great machine, the controls are easier on the hands/writsts than pistol grip mahcines.

The wider Standers probably are more stable than the smaller ones. I know ive done some nasty slopes with it the ive even had a hard time doing with a 48" walkbehind before. There limits to all mowers but it definitly can manage some steep slopes and crazy terrian without fail.

nosparkplugs
05-26-2008, 11:49 AM
The wright stand-up way is kinda like switching to a Walker from a midmount ZTR. Unless you tried it don't knock it

Lawn Enforcer
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
The wright stand-up way is kinda like switching to a Walker from a midmount ZTR. Unless you tried it don't knock it

My Dad felt the same way before we bought our Scorpion. He said that his back would be hurting after using the stander. He loves our standers because after he comes home from working at a Kmart warehouse he can loosen up by using the stander.

lawnpro2210
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Looks good

RedMax Man
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Two thumbs up!! thats exactly what its like.

02DURAMAX
05-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Rookie Stander stander

Now don't you love those stander stripes....:cool2::weightlifter::usflag:

RedMax Man
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Now don't you love those stander stripes....:cool2::weightlifter::usflag:

Yeah I do but i'm still learning to master it and get them laid down perfect.

teamgreendude
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
My Walker... and stripes from the first day using the Stander. Gotta improve the striping alot though. I will be doing some nice properties tomorrow so it should make some killer stripes hopefully.

nice stander i have that very same one

teamgreendude
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
i love those standers i just bought my first one

RedMax Man
07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I have over 60 hours on mine now. Its awesome.

Kennedy Landscaping
01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks like a nice mower. Yeah I know this thread is old lol :D

STIHL GUY
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
nice mower

Lakewlc
01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
dude come on these old threads are getting out of control

grassman177
01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
we have 5 standers, 4 48ers and 1 36. love them, that is nice man

Mondragon Lawn Serv
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Looks nice. Its too bad there are not good dealers around me for wright because there is no real market for them here.

there is a dealer here in houston don't know how far it would be for you it's on Grant road and Louetta intersection

SNAPPER MAN
01-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Ohh ya are you talking about Cypress Lawn and Turf? Those guys are major cabrons. I'm sticking with Pentex and blands.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Ohh ya are you talking about Cypress Lawn and Turf? Those guys are major cabrons. I'm sticking with Pentex and blands.

yep that's them they are pretty bad at customer service, and John said he'll be getting the greatstand sometime soon this month 48 will run you like 6500 i thinks he said

merrimacmill
01-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Ya, looks like a stander will be in my future come spring time. Same model/size and everything. I was thinking a walker next mainly for the fall clean-up aspect of it, but 90% of our lawns are just side discharged, and mowed weekly. So I think a stander makes more sense right now. Plus, I got to try one out at GIE and they were definitally nice machines.

B Erler
01-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Do you like the stander better than a wb? ive never used a stander before but i love my wb and i was curious which you liked better... Thanks

RedMax Man
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you like the stander better than a wb? ive never used a stander before but i love my wb and i was curious which you liked better... Thanks

I prefer the stander. it is smaller then a walkbehind with the same size deck.

Ben's Landscape
02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
RedMax Man Nice mower!!!

kjslawn
02-26-2009, 07:15 PM
All these stander guys out here anyone use the Wright ZTR? Cant get a reply from no one

lawnbutch
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Yep, I really like the Stander 36 RH!! Much better than the old walk behinds, I think their days are numbered.:cool2:

RedMax Man
02-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I took this picture of a fixed deck and rapid hight side by side...

riverwalklandscaping
02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
is the deck hydro on the 'rapid' one?

RedMax Man
02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
is the deck hydro on the 'rapid' one?

Those hydro lines you see are going to the wheels not the deck if thats what your wondering.

South Florida Lawns
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Did you get an RH? Or those for some one else? I have heard the tires are too narrow and not a big enough engine on the RH models.

riverwalklandscaping
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah I guessed those were to the wheels but I was just wondering if the deck is hydro because I don't see how you could easily raise the deck on a machine you are standing behind/riding on

MileHigh
02-27-2009, 12:16 PM
yeah I guessed those were to the wheels but I was just wondering if the deck is hydro because I don't see how you could easily raise the deck on a machine you are standing behind/riding on

There is no Hydro Deck man...lol. Hydro mowers are two hydrualic pumps running to the wheel motors...has nothing to do with the deck...at all.

All you do is raise a lever that pulls up on the chains holding the deck at a certain height....walla, new cutting height. you stand a a platform, and guess what, it's not attached to the deck...

riverwalklandscaping
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Are you kidding? I know what the hell the hydraulics do on a zero turn mower. And there are mowers with hydraulic decks I HAVE ONE so my question was perfectly valid. I was asking how the deck lifts without using a spacer like system because I can't see how it would be easy to adjust the deck height when your not sitting down like on a traditional foot/hand lift system on a rider zero turn. Further I never said the platform was attached to the deck...

daveyo
02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Are you kidding? I know what the hell the hydraulics do on a zero turn mower. And there are mowers with hydraulic decks I HAVE ONE so my question was perfectly valid. I was asking how the deck lifts without using a spacer like system because I can't see how it would be easy to adjust the deck height when your not sitting down like on a traditional foot/hand lift system on a rider zero turn. Further I never said the platform was attached to the deck...

Could you post a pic of that mower with the hydro deck? I never saw one and am curious what it looks like. For info on the RH go to http://www.wrightmfg.com/ its basic lever system changes on the fly voila, best invention since sliced bread.

kjslawn
03-01-2009, 08:25 AM
He might be talking about an electric deck like on the dixie choppers. Still know has used the Wrigh Ztr?