PDA

View Full Version : Working on Front of 4x6 postcard, Input?

Varsity L&G
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Here is the front in progress, Still need to lay out the back.

Does the front make you want to see the back or are you ready to hire on the spot?

Or would you just throw it in the rest of the trash?

Carolina Cuts
05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd toss it.... :laugh:

actually, I'd change the font colors... too dark. Black and blue.... like a bruise.

Go with yellow and orange or something.... make it pop....

Danielslawnservice
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I'd toss it.... :laugh:

actually, I'd change the font colors... too dark. Black and blue.... like a bruise.

Go with yellow and orange or something.... make it pop....

DIDO!! this is the first thing you want the future customer to see in there mail!:weightlifter:

syzer
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
go to kocard.com and let them design it for you. They are good guys to work with.

Varsity L&G
05-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I can design them myself, the colors are not set, I was asking about the layout, if that design would create a need to relax and let someone else do the work.

White Gardens
05-17-2008, 12:32 AM
I think it just looks a little busy on the front of the card. I like the idea though but you might want to calm it down some.

When I do cards I just put my logo on the front. Clean, Simple, and to me it seems intriguing enough to flip it around.

I will say, I like the pics you have choosen. Nice angles, looks professional.

TomberLawn
05-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I'll let you know after I have a couple more marketing classes next semester...
I agree with the font color suggestions. The text is kind of lost on top of the pics. I think I would do without the pic in the middle since Varsity is so big and that's what you want people to focus on. I designed a flier (which I haven't used yet since I'm still in school most of the year and I don't have time for more accounts) that had a man trying to crank a push mower. He had sweat running down his face, oil and gas cans sitting around, and he looked like he was ready to call me. The flier covered all the basics--attention getter/problem, solution (prompt to call for services), contact info, and immediate action step (limited new accounts being accepted--call today).

Summit L & D
05-17-2008, 03:46 PM
I'd say the picture of the little walk behind needs to go. That was the first thing I noticed, and I also agree with the font color comments. But keep in mind you don't want it to look like a construction zone with a bunch of bright orange and yellows.

TomberLawn
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I'd say the picture of the little walk behind needs to go.

I disagree, Summit. I think people will see the push mower and will be reminded of how much they hate to push mow their yard. Maybe I'm wrong.

Varsity L&G
05-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Here is an update on it, still work in progress but this one I like better.

Az Gardener
05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Friend of mine with a marketing degree that was in advertising for15 years before starting his L/S company has a great postcard. It is so great people keep them for months or even years. They stick them on the frig or windowsill like a piece of art. It is a very simple picture, black backdrop with a bougainvillea trimmed up very sculptural almost like a bonsai. His company name and logo are on the front very inconspicuous at the bottom. The majority of his information is on the back but even then it is very simple.

All that said I would just use the Adirondack chairs and some better green grass as the back drop. I like the relax phrase too. The longer that postcard is not in the trash the better your chance of landing some work from them.

White Gardens
05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
The grass for the background I don't think works. It's muddying up your pics and there is no definition for them. Still looks busy, less is more. Lik AZ said, I like the idea of one pick as a postcard and the name in smaller print.

Just Like th sig says..........

TomberLawn
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
The font color stands out better, but I agree with White Gardens that the grass background takes away from the pictures.
I like Az's suggestion of a simple design. Just the chairs with "It's time to relax" or something like that seems like it would be effective. I want to retrack my earlier statement that you want your name big in the middle so that people notice it. Folks really don't care what your name is, even though you are trying to build name recognition. After more consideration, I think having the "relax" message in the center or top may be more attention grabbing. You can have your name/logo in the bottom corner and on the back.