PDA

View Full Version : what u guys using this yr.grub /insect control

ant
05-16-2008, 07:44 PM
we been using allectus insecticide the last few yrs. with good results but i am not sure of cost this yr.
last yr. i think we paid 217 per gal...

RigglePLC
05-16-2008, 07:49 PM
a generic imidicloprid for grubs. Seven for ants and early season grubs.

ant
05-16-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.backedbybayer.com/BAYER/CropScience/BackedByBayer.nsf/C7D2D4025C086CF8852573220054DF8B/$FILE/S%20Allectus%20GC%20G%2010-31-06.pdf

PSUTURFGEEK
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
For the guys doing only a small amount of grub control I guess the china generics are ok but I'll continue to pay the premium for bayers backing, What happens if you get burned on like 30-40 acres of dylox and reno? who's paying for it? whos backing it? will someone from the rice patties climb out for a weekend and come over here and give a damn about your properties.

heritage
05-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Still VERY HAPPY with the Mach II.

My big pests are the Grubs it targets as well as the Sod Webworm.

Love this product.

Will Rotate Allectus next year for the 3 year rotation. Mach/Mach/Allectus

Chinch Bugs and Billbugs are not an issue for my area, OR I would use Merit/Allectus on a 2 year rotation :rolleyes:

Pete

PSUTURFGEEK
05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm glad mach 2 works for you and I hope it continues to work, but I wouldn't even use it again if it was free, just my opinion.

heritage
05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm glad mach 2 works for you and I hope it continues to work, but I wouldn't even use it again if it was free, just my opinion.

Why??

Thatchy Philly Eagles Playing Field??????

Pete

PSUTURFGEEK
05-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll get together some university studies over the past five years and get them to you, on some charts the control is so low it isn't even visible to the naked eye, thats also one of the reasons Dow agri is thinking about an eventual stop sale on mach and the other reason is Merit is so much cheaper than Mach2 and Bayer makes a product to back it up if needed does Dow?? NO, it's a no brainer

heritage
05-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks Prof.

I must be a lucky guy with the Granular 1.33% Andersons Product.

My results at the 2Lb ai. Acre have been outstanding!

Sometimes those "Case Studies" can be Biased, by how much $$$$ is given to the Universities too.

But I do appreciate your feedback and hope the Mach is available for many years to come. Best 1x season app. ever made for Sod Webworm IMO.

Pete

PSUTURFGEEK
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Excellent, have an awesome year.

tremor
05-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Bayer made enough on Merit to send me & many others to golf the Old Course, Turnberry Ayrshire, Gleneagles, etc. Lovely memories & I am forever indebted but...

We're selling:

Mallet & Grub-Out (generic forms of Imidacloprid)
Alloft (clothianadin & bifenthrin)
Duocide (carbaryl & bifenthrin) - Not season long unless very well timed.
Allectus & original Merit

No Mach2 around here. Too many Chafers, Asiatics & Orientals & not enough Japs.

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Just running a generic imidacloprid product. Like $70 for 6.4oz WSP... Still the most expensive part of my season package by far... but much more cost effective than actual Merit...

NattyLawn
05-17-2008, 09:27 AM
I've run generic Merit (Hunter, Malice) the past 2 seasons with no breakthrough. If applied at the correct rate and time of season I don't feel the need to have Bayer's guarantee. Plus we save close to 30 bucks a bag!

The second I typed this sentence I will have issues this year!

Harley-D
05-17-2008, 09:33 AM
"If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, i will. Lord knows i have the time."

This is probably what the bayer rep will say to you if you tell him you want reperations for 30 acres of merit that "didn't work". Good luck with that. Better hope you can water it in with in 24 hours and prove it.

heritage
05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Bayer made enough on Merit to send me & many others to golf the Old Course, Turnberry Ayrshire, Gleneagles, etc. Lovely memories & I am forever indebted but...

We're selling:

Mallet & Grub-Out (generic forms of Imidacloprid)
Alloft (clothianadin & bifenthrin)
Duocide (carbaryl & bifenthrin) - Not season long unless very well timed.
Allectus & original Merit

No Mach2 around here. Too many Chafers, Asiatics & Orientals & not enough Japs.

That being said I would use the Merit.

Also Dupont has a new product I would rotate with, Steve as it is a different Class ....not 4A like Merit :)

How about surface feeders in your neck of the woods?

Pete

PSUTURFGEEK
05-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Acelepryn is the new Class of insecticide by Dupont, it's gonna be a little salty but it will be the future, no need to say anything now just save this post and in a year or two you can tell me how right or wrong I am. It will be tyed to fertilizer in time for apps next year.

tremor
05-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I have never seen a break through on any generic treatment though I have seen original Merit breakthroughs. Never due to a confirmed manufacturing defect, rather applicator error.

Show me a single case of confirmed post-patent manufacturer error.

Anyone???

heritage
05-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Acelepryn is the new Class of insecticide by Dupont, it's gonna be a little salty but it will be the future, no need to say anything now just save this post and in a year or two you can tell me how right or wrong I am. It will be tyed to fertilizer in time for apps next year.

Thank you for that info PSU :usflag:

Speaking of Dupont,

I took a class @ Longwood Gardens last week, and it was taught by a Penn Stater...She was GREAT!

1st time @ Longwood too.....WOW What A Place!

Pete

mikesturf
05-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I've used Merit for 4 years, then last year tried Mach II. Never had problems with Merit, but over 25% of my lawns with Mach II last year had bad enough grub problems that I needed to use Dylox and had to re-seed some areas. Never going back to Mach II -NEVER.

PSUTURFGEEK
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you for that info PSU :usflag:

Speaking of Dupont,

I took a class @ Longwood Gardens last week, and it was taught by a Penn Stater...She was GREAT!

1st time @ Longwood too.....WOW What A Place!

Pete

Your'e right it's a pretty cool place, They just started offering the two year turf program a few years ago and it's really working out nice for local business.

PSUTURFGEEK
05-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I've used Merit for 4 years, then last year tried Mach II. Never had problems with Merit, but over 25% of my lawns with Mach II last year had bad enough grub problems that I needed to use Dylox and had to re-seed some areas. Never going back to Mach II -NEVER.
In Pa Nj and maryland over the past six or seven years the amount of breakthrough with Mach2 has been sick. After talking with Brett Gerrard from Dow just recently and wishing him good luck on his new position back in Indy at coorporate, he made mention that with the price of true Merit tech materials combined with the cost of generic Imoclopirid, Mach2 may only be staying around in the flowable formulation due to the amount of money they are losing, they do so well with dimension they want to focus more on that formulation, I mean look at the big picture Allectus 0-0-7 at the high rate is like 54-60/acre now price out mach2 0-0-7 at the higher rate and tell me what you come up with. Anyway I agree with you NEVER.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
05-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm using genuine Merit + fert this year. Can't beat the price-$32/ bag (21-3-9):clapping:

ant
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
allectus IS COSTING ME 218 PER GAL. THIS YR. that comes out to $121 per ac.
what do you guys think about tank mixing tal star and merit (generic)?
i did the math for the target pest i am after the cost savings if i mix the 2 is $25.00 per ac.

G.M.Landscaping
06-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm using genuine Merit + fert this year. Can't beat the price-$32/ bag (21-3-9):clapping:

Are you buying in bulk? Lesco wants $49.95/bag where I live. Found another place for $45. That's merit/fert combo's.

Anyone want to tell what their going rate for apps this year?

lawns Etc
06-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Try to find Lebanon I am getting it for $32 also

ant
06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
lawns etc..where are you getting the lebanon products?
ant

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
06-16-2008, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=G.M.Landscaping;2376780]Are you buying in bulk? Lesco wants $49.95/bag where I live. Found another place for $45. That's merit/fert combo's.
QUOTE]

I hate to disclose my source to the public:) I sent you a PM

k911lowe
06-16-2008, 07:58 PM
sevin,then sevin then sevin.its also use for insect control in crop dusting,if uall know what that is.