PDA

View Full Version : once again double blades

cuttingedgelawncare
12-18-2001, 12:20 PM
I would first like to thank those of you who responded to my last post. This forum is great!!!! ok here it is..............does running double blades affect the height of the cut and is running doubles dangerous without the bracket.....also what is the price on the bracket, thank you

cuttingedgelawncare
12-18-2001, 01:11 PM
by the way i have a 60" dixie chopper

Randy Scott
12-18-2001, 01:33 PM
I'll answer even though everyone will tell you to do a search. I have an eXmark and do not use any type of bracket. The only time they move is when I hit something solid. They have never vibrated loose or anything like that ever. I prefer the fact that they give when I hit something rather than a bracket holding them secure. I use a small steel square to make sure they are square when putting them on. It takes 5 minutes to switch them. I compensate about a quarter inch when running doubles. 3.5 is 3.125 on the deck adjustment.

cuttingedgelawncare
12-18-2001, 01:54 PM
thanks for the answer randy, and btw i did do a search and found nothing on height, saftey or bracket price..........i mainly cut at 3 in. and realy want to use double blades, i would rather the difference in height be half inch insead of quarter......does the bracket provide accurate measurements

Turfdude
12-18-2001, 06:43 PM
Edited out by Admin.

awm
12-19-2001, 08:36 AM
bet there many out there that got an excellent answer to questions they had. plus this will be there for anyone who does search. good post randy

strickdad
12-19-2001, 10:01 AM
it will lower the cutting height the thickness of the blade on the bottom. and i can not see were it is anymore dangerous than running a single blade. (bracket or no bracket)

cuttingedgelawncare
12-19-2001, 10:04 AM
thanks for all your answers, will give it a try

Eng Mwr Guy
12-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Strickdad:

If the blades are lower than the deck edge there is more potential for lost feet & toes.

It is more dangerous. Unless the deck is designed to accept the double blade setup.

Barry
Gravely Guy

PS
Commercial Time: The new WB Gravely decks have such a feature.