PDA

View Full Version : Let's see those JD Z-trak pics

derekarbeiter
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Let's see those John Deere ZTR pics for a change!

lawnstriper23
05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
You first.....;)

DeereHauler
05-17-2008, 07:59 PM
my 757 when i got it march 07. i demoed a 830 on thursday, i'm pretty certain that will be my next machine

old oak lawn
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
deerehauler how do u like the bagger? i have a 07 757 and need to get one for cleanups end of this year, and how much $$ if you dont mind.

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
i love the bagger. best purchase i ever made. i went years without one, now i don't know if i could go without it for a day. it paid for itself in a hurry, i think with the entire package it was $2550.00 plus tax. that includes the weights. the entire set up can be mounted in minutes, or taken off just the same. so i don't have to leave it on all day for 1 job.

if you have any questions let me know.

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
If your going to buy a bagging system make sure you get the nice unit though. We had the cheaper one and it got tore up. luckly the jd rep took a look at it and gave us back the money so we could get the nicer one.

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 04:12 PM
If your going to buy a bagging system make sure you get the nice unit though. We had the cheaper one and it got tore up. luckly the jd rep took a look at it and gave us back the money so we could get the nicer one.

i didn't know they had a cheaper unit. whats the difference? mine is very heavy duty, so i guess its not the cheaper one?

soccerlawn
05-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I'll get some stripe pics later on...

04 Quiktrak 60"
05 797 60"
07 777 60"

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
05-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Yea they have two versions. The cheaper one is black im not sure of the name of it. The one we use now is Green and im pretty sure they call it the 7iron something vac.

DeereHauler
05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Yea they have two versions. The cheaper one is black im not sure of the name of it. The one we use now is Green and im pretty sure they call it the 7iron something vac.

i have the green 7 iron unit. today though, i did't see a water valve cap and the plastic shroud under the blower got pushed into the edge of the blade and pretty much destroyed it. thanks to deere for being so quick, i will have the new one tomorrow morning by 7am.

derekarbeiter
05-31-2008, 10:58 PM
This is mine in the picture.:)

derekarbeiter
05-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Sorry it took so long.

mnglocker
06-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Sorry it took so long.

Damn those are heavy spindles on the front of that thing! Any relation to Jim Arbeiter from MN? I used to work with one....

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb4/953kdjs/Rig.jpg
Here's my little startup setup pre-racks and other toys.

derekarbeiter
06-01-2008, 06:10 PM
No dont know him. Its pretty rare to find another Arbeiter.:rolleyes: Nice EZ trak.:)

derekarbeiter
06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Come on, I know other people have Z-traks on here. Anyone from FL?;)

mnglocker
06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Here's my handy work after I installed a JD LP1000 striping kit:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb4/953kdjs/stripping.jpg

KCfireman
06-26-2008, 03:09 PM
well this isnt a Ztrak....but its still a John Deere.

KCfireman
06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
well its not letting me because i have already posted the picture in another thread. Its an 06' JD QT 48"

freshprince94
06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Come on, I know other people have Z-traks on here. Anyone from FL?;)

The Z-Traks seem to be popular down here. This one big company who does the HOA property in my area sends out a mammoth crew of 3 797s and at least 5 or 6 guys to do the mowing.

derekarbeiter
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Not bad stripes.

How do you like the quick trak mowers?

Jd seems to be popular down in florida, which says something I guess if they go around the clock and through winter too.:)

Mad Mower
06-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Not a ZTrak, but a little brother, I still love it.

old oak lawn
06-27-2008, 11:21 PM
07 jd 757 ................................. very dusty

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Not bad stripes.

Jd seems to be popular down in florida, which says something I guess if they go around the clock and through winter too.:)
It would be nice to live in and southern state. They can mow all year around. Around late november here in kansas it starts getting really cold. Then the single digits hit us and the big snow storms start to roll in. 60"+ of snow this winter here.

derekarbeiter
06-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Nice stripes with the EZ-trak and good looking 757.

freshprince94
06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Not bad stripes.

Ya, but more of the big commercial companies have them then solo operators. JD is popular but eXmark dominates down here.

S man
06-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Ya, but more of the big commercial companies have them then solo operators. JD is popular but eXmark dominates down here.

Yep. Exmark dominates.

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Yep. Exmark dominates.
But john deere not only dominates in the commercial landscaping business they also dominate in the agriculture business. I wouldnt be suprised if JD has enough money probably to buy exmark, scag and all those other companies.

derekarbeiter
06-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, I guess that's why Exmark is the industry leader, if so many of them is out there. Personally, I think the JD 700 series (NOT 800s) are far more heavier built than the Exmark and have about the same cut quality.

And yes, Im sure if JD wanted to they could buy any company out there.

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, I guess that's why Exmark is the industry leader, if so many of them is out there. Personally, I think the JD 700 series (NOT 800s) are far more heavier built than the Exmark and have about the same cut quality.

And yes, Im sure if JD wanted to they could buy any company out there.
I kinda wish they would. They have purchased and sold a couple of them. I think everything they make is heavy duty. No other mower manufacturer can beat that stamped deck. There are no weld joints on the deck that could break unlike the rest of the manufacturers. I dont think anybody else except deere can afford that big of a stamp machine. Have you ever seen it before? Its Huge!

derekarbeiter
06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
No, I havent seen the press, but I would LOVE to. I actually tried to schedule a tour at the turf care plant in Raliegh, NC but they told me they dont offer tours. I want to see that press so bad. It had to have cost JD a fortune to get set up. A press that size. 4 million pounds of pressure. That is 2000 tons! WOOOOOOW!!! Not to mention 4 sets of dies that have to be replaced ever so often. Your right, the 7-Iron is hard to beat. Rounded corners for the most airflow, NO welds, and a cut quality that is unmatched.

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 09:35 PM
No, I havent seen the press, but I would LOVE to. I actually tried to schedule a tour at the turf care plant in Raliegh, NC but they told me they dont offer tours. I want to see that press so bad. It had to have cost JD a fortune to get set up. A press that size. 4 million pounds of pressure. That is 2000 tons! WOOOOOOW!!! Not to mention 4 sets of dies that have to be replaced ever so often. Your right, the 7-Iron is hard to beat. Rounded corners for the most airflow, NO welds, and a cut quality that is unmatched.
Yep! Thats why i went with the deere. I demoed Exmark, Scag, Greatdane and i thought all their decks were pretty cheap. Just welded. I went around the back to the shop and noticed all the exmarks and scags that had these thick metal plates welded to them. I asked the salesmen why there were there and he said because these decks are welded they will crack when they hit something hard enough. That right there told me to say "Screw you to exmark and Scag". 7 Iron II deck hands down the best in the industry.

derekarbeiter
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Yep, and I have noticed significant cut differences in welded v. 7-IRON II. I have used both and the welded ones clog much easier in wet, heavy grass. And in early morning mowing (which I do a lot of) it is important to have a machine that performs well and the 7-IRON II does just that rain or shine. I have never cracked a welded deck, but welds do have the potential to crack and wear. Usually with any design, the weld is the first to give you problems. Why do think Ford started hydroforming their truck frames? Because it is stronger than welding 2 C-channels together. Think about the trim side of the mower deck. With a welded deck there is a welded seam where the side skirt meets the top part of the deck. With a deck such as the 7-IRON II, it is solid steel and rounded, which helps spread impact stress across the whole unit rather than the weld itself. When you think about it, Scag and Exmark may have been building ZTRs longer than JD, but JD has been building regular mowers longer than them. JD has extensive experience and knowlege of metals and thats why they are an agricultural equipment leader.

By the way, have you seen the JD press? I would love to see a 7-IRON II stamped!!

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Yep, and I have noticed significant cut differences in welded v. 7-IRON II. I have used both and the welded ones clog much easier in wet, heavy grass. And in early morning mowing (which I do a lot of) it is important to have a machine that performs well and the 7-IRON II does just that rain or shine. I have never cracked a welded deck, but welds do have the potential to crack and wear. Usually with any design, the weld is the first to give you problems. Why do think Ford started hydroforming their truck frames? Because it is stronger than welding 2 C-channels together. Think about the trim side of the mower deck. With a welded deck there is a welded seam where the side skirt meets the top part of the deck. With a deck such as the 7-IRON II, it is solid steel and rounded, which helps spread impact stress across the whole unit rather than the weld itself. When you think about it, Scag and Exmark may have been building ZTRs longer than JD, but JD has been building regular mowers longer than them. JD has extensive experience and knowlege of metals and thats why they are an agricultural equipment leader.

By the way, have you seen the JD press? I would love to see a 7-IRON II stamped!!I have not seen it. I have seen the Ford Plants stamp and that thing is huge!!!! Yea i have never seen the decks clump up before but other decks do it all the time.

Mad Mower
07-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Have any of you guys tried the hitch kit (AM137381) on your JD ZTR's? Can you tow most attachments with it, how about an aerator? I just installed the brush style stripe kit on my EZTrak 425, I'll put up some photos of it and some stripes tomorrow.