PDA

View Full Version : My equipment and shop

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 02:10 PM
i decided since it was a crappy rainy day that i would get some pictures since most of my stuff was at my place for once. i just moved into this place about 6 months ago and i would like to build a bigger shop and storage area where the barn is someday. right now i work on equipment in the little white building, and store equipment in the barn. i also got a picture of my 'new to me' edger.

any questions feel free to ask.

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
here are the rest

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 02:23 PM
a couple striping pictures

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
05-18-2008, 02:27 PM
looks good. what vac do you have on your ztr?

Lawn Enforcer
05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice stuff, good stripes, how do you like your JD stander?

greengiant9963
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Why can't I get my John Deere to strip like that???

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
looks good. what vac do you have on your ztr?

john deere mcs unit

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Nice stuff, good stripes, how do you like your JD stander?

thanks, i like my stander a lot. my back feels a lot better after using that vs. my sit down. i don't like that i can't lift the deck on the go.

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Why can't I get my John Deere to strip like that???

do you have a striping kit? thats whats on my 757. the stander doesn't have one, but it still stripes nicely.

DoetschOutdoor
05-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Everything looks good man! Thats alot of Preen you keep on hand I glimpsed in that pic. Keep up the good work. Love that pic of the loooong stripes.

DeereHauler
05-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Everything looks good man! Thats alot of Preen you keep on hand I glimpsed in that pic. Keep up the good work. Love that pic of the loooong stripes.

thanks,

yeah, i was buying a more expensive version of it, they all work the same. but i offer it to every customer, even if i don't mulch for them. i have used a lot this year so far, and my brother came across these big containers for a good price it was hard to pass up.

deere615
05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Nive Truck and equipment. Good looking shop too

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Deerehauler

Hi, I saw that you have a gate on the right side of your trailer and I was wondering if you parked curbside on the right side of the street and put the gate down into the grass or what???? I was thinking about putting a side gate on my trailer and didnt know which side to put it on.

Thanks
Ryan :)

DeereHauler
05-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Deerehauler

Hi, I saw that you have a gate on the right side of your trailer and I was wondering if you parked curbside on the right side of the street and put the gate down into the grass or what???? I was thinking about putting a side gate on my trailer and didnt know which side to put it on.

Thanks
Ryan :)

around here a lot of places sell the trailers with the atv side gates. i never used the one on my 12 foot trailer, and i rarely use the one on my big trailer. sometimes i wll drop it to get to the pushmower easier. if i could make the room i would use it for a walkbehind. but if you were going to add one, that would be the best side.

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
05-24-2008, 11:48 PM
thanks for the info!

Supper Grassy
05-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Nice Equipment

J&R Landscaping
05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Nice pictures!!

dcombs
09-19-2008, 04:51 PM
DeereHauler

did you buy the striping kit that john deere makes for that mower or did you make the striping kit yourself

TheLawnBarber
09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Whats all the straw bales for?

kratzsc
09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
The Deere tractor with a brush shown in your signature picture, is it a 314?

DeereHauler
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
wow, i haven't posted here for a while, so i will catch up.

-the straw bales were for a lawn i was seeding
-i bought the striping kit from deere, but i will most likely make my next one.
-and the tractor in my pic is a 120 (i collect old deere garden tractors), next to the enclosed is a 110 with duals, and a sickle bar mower.

since then i bought an enclosed, which now houses all my landscaping tools and supplies during the busy season, and my snow plowing stuff in the winter. sold the small flatbed, bought a 7x20 equipment hauler, and a jeep wrangler "for business", and i'm looking for a used 3/4 ton truck for next year.

thanks for looking, and posting, it was a good year.

DeereHauler
12-07-2008, 10:53 PM
and here are 2 projects i finished just before the weather went to hell. a 25 ft. long wall, 2 ft. high wall. and a sidewalk, both were located at the same home. since the pictures i went back and added some topsoil and mulch, and i need to re-sod some areas in the spring.

Stihl_Pro
12-08-2008, 01:16 PM
gotta love john deere green. Nice equipment and work.

Green Finger
12-08-2008, 02:17 PM
very nice set up. Like the enclosed trailer.:walking:

DeereHauler
12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
thanks for the nice comments.

i said i wanted a used 3/4 ton and i got one. just picked it up last week. shes not a beauty queen, but it has a plow, and it will keep the mileage down on my 04 i hope. this pic is at the dealer, it was the car lots plow truck, no decals now.

merry christmas everyone

Kennedy Landscaping
01-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I like your rig and the work looks good too

green_with_envy
01-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice stuff!...and work!

Dunlaps LawnCare
01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
lets see some pictures of the inside of ur enclosed?

Chris1594
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I am Jealous you have some very nice equipment there all the way from the ATV and john deeres all the way too the truck and trailer hell and even the shop very nice stuff you have there.

Junior M
01-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Did you use any equipment on the retaining wall and paver job, or was everything done by hand?

born2farm
01-02-2009, 09:41 PM
everything looks good. keep up the good work and i like the new truck.

STIHL GUY
01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
nice setup

prolawn2123
01-13-2009, 11:23 PM
that is one tight lookin truck

joef450snowplow
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
nice toys i like

DeereHauler
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
i see i haven't posted here in over a year, and i apologize to the last few comments and questions that were made, i just never got back to checking this thread. but thanks for the nice comments.

i better go take some pictures i guess. i bought that 3/4 ton in '08 i think, sold it last winter. bought a 1 ton dump truck, a 1 ton dually , sold the jeep too...:confused:

i need to update my crew and equipment pictures. i have gone from a one or 2 guy lawncare co. with some landscaping to a 5 guy landscaping and lawncare co. i bought a new mower, lots of new handheld stuff, the enclosed is filled to the "gills" now, and my landscape foreman is always bugging me for a bigger trailer. I bought a 2305 with a loader, cab, and lots of attachments, we use it for hardscape, and landscape jobs, and for winter maintenance. Looking at some snow equipment this year, 2 blizzard plows, and a pusher for a skid loader. Also moving into more small excavation, so a mini-excavator may be in the companies future.

still haven't built the bigger shop, i have the trusses though.. haha

If the weather holds tomorrow i've been wanting to get up to date pics for my website anyway, but i prefer the rain right now....

thanks for looking, the season has been good here so far, lets hope it continues!

DeereHauler
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Did you use any equipment on the retaining wall and paver job, or was everything done by hand?

used a plate tamper, a compact tractor with loader, and a brick saw to do the work. the sidewalk in the previous pics was at the same exact time

bobcat48
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Nie work,looks good.

DeereHauler
12-04-2010, 06:17 PM
well its a cold boring night, so time to update my little thread i guess.

sold the 1 ton, for a big a$$ Ih dump truck. Bought a 06 1 ton dually, a 24' enclosed, and have completed some nice big hardscape jobs.

DeereHauler
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
some more pics, i managed to get all my vehicles and trailers stickered up this summer finally.

DeereHauler
12-04-2010, 06:23 PM
some more pics. the enclosed isn't really set up for anything special, so the inside is just what you would picture an enclosed trailer to be :rolleyes:

i also got to use my topdresser that i bought 3 years ago, we sanded a field, and this past week the river flooded and washed it all away, so i get to do it again!

jeffslawnservice
12-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Work an everything looks good. It looks like you expanded a good amount care to share how you expaneded so much.

DeereHauler
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Work an everything looks good. It looks like you expanded a good amount care to share how you expaneded so much.

I landed a lot of nice jobs, and I hired a really good full time guy, and then another and another. The increased amount of good help really made the amount of work increase, obviously i couldn't do it all myself. At the same time i made some good equipment purchases, which made us rent less, and save money whenever possible.

bobcat48
12-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Wow.real nice.all the trucks and equipment are very nice.

Jelinek61
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice equipment, I really like your JD tractor and the graphics on your enclosed trailer

DeereHauler
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Nice equipment, I really like your JD tractor and the graphics on your enclosed trailer

thanks, i told my decal man i wanted the trailer "covered" and he made it happen, you'd never guess what i paid to have both sides and the tailgate done on that either......the decals are 20' long, and 5' high.....

Jelinek61
12-06-2010, 11:04 PM
thanks, i told my decal man i wanted the trailer "covered" and he made it happen, you'd never guess what i paid to have both sides and the tailgate done on that either......the decals are 20' long, and 5' high.....

I can imagine it cost quite a bit. Either that or you know the guy really well and he gave you a heck of a deal or something...

DLONGLANDSCAPING
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
No one ever has a roller to do a paver job around here and i think that is the smartest things you can do. Its like a fricken highway compacked base by the time your ready to lay 21AA or pavers sand. Makes for almost zero settle

Great expansion and great equipment. I envy you.

One question, How did you find your good employees, around me, no one cares to work at all. They all would rather sit at home and collect unemployment checks and food stamps than work.

Any advice for the little guy wanting to expand?

thanks and great work and equipmentagian

DollarSign
12-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Get some 06 tow mirrors on your Dirtymax!

What did the graphics on your 04 HD cost if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to pm me if you'd like.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow, haven't been on this thread in a while. Looks awesome.

DeereHauler
12-07-2010, 02:55 PM
No one ever has a roller to do a paver job around here and i think that is the smartest things you can do. Its like a fricken highway compacked base by the time your ready to lay 21AA or pavers sand. Makes for almost zero settle

Great expansion and great equipment. I envy you.

One question, How did you find your good employees, around me, no one cares to work at all. They all would rather sit at home and collect unemployment checks and food stamps than work.

Any advice for the little guy wanting to expand?

thanks and great work and equipmentagian

so far my experience with employees is that when i advertise i found terrible ones, but finding someone through a friend works better. not saying it works everytime, but a guy worked with my wife, had prior landscaping experience and quit his job, i called him and offered him a part time job, hes now full time and it great, i just got lucky. my brother in law has a degree in landscape design and horticulture so that was an easy find. If a guy wants to work, thats the guy you want.

to expand, take it by steps, not massive leaps so you don't sink yourself. One thing i have never been afraid to do is buy a piece of equipment to get a job, or take on something that is just a little bigger than i can handle. I also keep great relationships with my customers.

Don't envy me because of equipment, just remember all that stuff costs money, maintenance, and stress. I haven't had an 8 hour days in a long time, but I'm very proud of where i am now, and what i have, but at the end of the day its just equipment. I have a wife, a daughter, we have a nice home, and that means a whole lot more than some mowers and trucks ever will.

DeereHauler
12-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Get some 06 tow mirrors on your Dirtymax!

What did the graphics on your 04 HD cost if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to pm me if you'd like.

the '04 isn't a duramax, but needs tow mirrors badly. Both trucks cost about $175/each to get decals, and the 24' trailer cost $550.00, i'm sure no one will believe that, i know i didn't......haha

DollarSign
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
the '04 isn't a duramax, but needs tow mirrors badly. Both trucks cost about $175/each to get decals, and the 24' trailer cost $550.00, i'm sure no one will believe that, i know i didn't......haha

I was referring to your 06 getting the 06 tow mirrors....

But the 04 would also look good with them.

Holy sh!t is my only reaction to those prices. I'll have to have a talk with my graphics guy :laugh:

DeereHauler
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I was referring to your 06 getting the 06 tow mirrors....

they are '06 tow mirrors on the '06 :confused:... or are you talking about a different style?

DollarSign
12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
The different style...

The mirrors that are currently on there are the 00-02 tow mirrors.

DeereHauler
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
The different style...

The mirrors that are currently on there are the 00-02 tow mirrors.

thats weird, its an '06, must have been changed before i bought it.

slave2lawns
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Nice pics, keep up the great work.

DeereHauler
12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
i forgot i had this, i did some repairs on the snowblower, so i test ran it in my yard after with a couple of inches of snow. After using a manual tilt, auger, and freezing my a$$ off for years, this tractor sure is a nice change.

I'll be sure to get new pictures or videos of it this season, we already cleared a 6" snow fall the other day....:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/user/12407dave

J&R Landscaping
12-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Do you have better luck with Preen then with Snap Shot? Also, how does the Little 2305 JD hold up? Any regrets on buying such a small unit? I've been looking into a small tractor but it seems like that little machine is too small; like a bobcat MT55 would be a wiser purchase.

DeereHauler
12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Do you have better luck with Preen then with Snap Shot? Also, how does the Little 2305 JD hold up? Any regrets on buying such a small unit? I've been looking into a small tractor but it seems like that little machine is too small; like a bobcat MT55 would be a wiser purchase.

i like snapshot better, i've been using it for a few years now over preen. But i was very surprised to go to a much larger landscaping company to visit and they used preen, so i don't know if thats his preference or what.

I love the 2305, i'm not saying it absolutely the best tractor to buy, and yes its rather small, but its more of a clearance issue than a power issue. I have a skidsteer so i'm not lifting a lot with it, and it runs all my attachments perfectly, but it sits very low, and i have to buy "low profile" attachments or it won't lift them high enough. I would like to buy a john deere 2720, higher clearance, and some more HP, but not yet.

I bought the 2305 from a friend who used it one season to clear snow in his town home community. He got tired of clearing snow and sold it to me, i got the tractor with 100 hrs, cab, loader, mower deck, rear blade, weight box, quick hitch, and snow blower with all the mounting attachments for half price of what he paid, so although i would like a bigger tractor, i would've been foolish to not buy this one. My goal is to buy a larger tractor in a year or 2, but still keep this one, its just too handy. I have so many 3 point attachments for it, and its the most perfect tractor for spraying, and clearing sidewalks.