PDA

View Full Version : Space Saver Calibration ?

wiseguyslawn
05-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Went out to calibrate my new sprayer and measured off 1000 sq.ft. took me roughly 20 seconds to cover the area. Problem is i had the pressure up to 120psi with the bucket test and could only get 6 liters im looking for 7.5 or 2 gallon per 1,000. I never see anyone running these machines full idle either and my engine was maxed out to get this amount. I dont know if Im doing something wrong or the machine is at fault. Also the red twist knob with the word press and has a - and + symbol doesn't seem to do anything for adjusting my pressure. Any ideas would be helpful. I guess I always could walk slower :)

teeca
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
ahhh. you got the 3/8" hose didn't you... that 120 psi sounds about right to get 2gpm.. i have a hypro D50 with a 9hp engine, and it runs about 3/4 throttle and 90psi to get the 2gpm out of the 3/8 hose. when i had the 1/2" hose i would idle it and get 3gpm. but dragging 3/8" vs. the 1/2" is worth the difference (for me anyway). i run 1.5 gpm at 75psi out of the 3/8" hose and happy. also if you are running the chemlawn gun, it's life will be short lived at that psi, just keep a spare kit with you.

RigglePLC
05-18-2008, 09:59 PM
You should have two valves. One is a spring loaded PRV (pressure regulating valve). You should be able to turn the valve knob to tighten the spring, to go from 20 pounds to about 300. It may have a bail wire or catch to set it for low or high.
You should also have a "bypass valve" or knob. It releases all the pressure and directs the flow back into the tank. Discuss this with your dealer.

My Chemlawn gun does fine at 100 lbs pressure.

LawnTamer
05-18-2008, 10:43 PM
You covered 1k in 20 seconds??? That seems a little fast, I shoot for about 1K in about 45-50 seconds.