PDA

View Full Version : New Project

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I have just landed the contract to light the historic Windermere House. Originally built in 1870, it has been a mainstay of tourism here in Muskoka ever since. The sight lines to Lake Rosseau, and from the lake to the resort are absolutely amazing. This is a showpiece property that the new owners are very proudly restoring and renovating. The first phase of lighting will be installed on the front of the building and grounds (the view from the attached photos) and will softly illuminate all of the significant architectural details from the stone foundations all the way up to the Flags atop the two towers.

Look for photos of the finished project in August!

Chris J
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
That's a very nice project James. I'm anxious to see how you're going to pull this off while maintaining your dark sky friendly style. I'm looking forward to the photos of the final master piece. Good luck with the project.

KrayzKajun
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-19-2008, 09:26 PM
That's a very nice project James. I'm anxious to see how you're going to pull this off while maintaining your dark sky friendly style. I'm looking forward to the photos of the final master piece. Good luck with the project.

Thanks Chris. I am going to be downlighting from all of the dormer gables, and the twin towers, to highlight the architecture on the second story. This will highlight the structure and cast pools of soft light onto the 2nd floor deck areas that are accessible from the 2nd floor suites.

The main floor wrap-around patio is already softly lit with wicker fan / light assemblies and I am going to be highlighting all of the stone columns and stone walls from the gound to the ceiling using soft floods and bullets with MR16s and lenses. The patio rail structure around the stone pub patio will be lit with copper postliters. Most of the antique architectural light fixtures will be kept and have their lamps replaced.

This is the first phase of many on the property. This is also the most sensitive part of the project given the sight lines to and from the lake. As I explained to the new owner, he has a responsibility to the entire community to light this property properly. Thankfully he is entrusting that responsibility to me and not simply having "a bunch of those floodlights put up to light up the towers."

Timing is everything! :)

Have a great day.

Lite4
05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Looks like a great project James. Congrats

NightScenes
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
That's great James!! Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished pics!!

Pro-Scapes
05-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I like the plan to keep the antique fixtures intact and relamp. Looks like a nice place.

David Gretzmier
05-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Awesome project James. I'm guessing you didn't demo this one...

JoeyD
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Congrats James, looks like a fun one! cant wait to see the finished pics.