PDA

View Full Version : small pond

TRBIGCREEK
05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
This pond is 5 by 9 with savio solids 1400 gph and bog filtration. I used a pump well with a perferated 4 " pip running 3/4 of the bottom of the pond. The photos are a before pic and some progress pics. I will show completed project tommorrow when landscape is finished and water is clear.

TR

TRBIGCREEK
05-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Despite what the date says these are from today. I guess I should see how to change that.

TR

Supertiger
05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
can you tell us or me what parts we are looking at. and where you bought the pump parts. im just starting my pond so im reserching what i need.

TRBIGCREEK
05-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Here are some more pics, we got on site this morning and can't do the landscape until other contractors finish. Assuming the concrete and vinyl guys finish today we should finish tomorrow.

The first picture is an overview of the pond, second is a close up of the mini bog, the third is of the side where the fish were swimming.

Supertiger,

The pond has a Savio solids pump and a homemade system that I use sometimes.

TR

Supertiger
05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
the pipe on bottom of the pond that looks like french drain pipe. what does that part do?

TRBIGCREEK
05-21-2008, 07:37 AM
It draws water from the bottom to the solids pump. It also helps contain and draw sludge that can develop over time to the solids pump, then up through the bog, fertilizing the plants.

TR

TRBIGCREEK
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Finished up yesterday after a long delay from siding and gutter contractors.

TR

TRBIGCREEK
06-09-2008, 05:04 PM
no more comments on this homemade system?

TR

Toker
06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Sure TR :waving:

I saw this awhile back and HTG thought I'd commented on it then.
I dig it - nice fit into a small site and obviously it'll get what it should get. Viewed often.

What I'd asked ... thought so anyway (musta clicked off?) was is the bog large enough to handle all the needed filtration? That Savio pump seems large for the pond but maybe pushing it up really drags it down or did you modify some way? I don't see much planted in the bog area yet but I was thinking that flow would kick anything free that was there - me wrong huh?

This is the first time i have ever seen a preformed unit that I thought looked decent - job well done:clapping:

TRBIGCREEK
06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
The bog is fine, there are about 15 bog plants in a 3 by 4 area. The pond is not preformed, the preformed shot was the before shot.

TR

Toker
06-10-2008, 10:03 AM
TR - ya know that some of us skimmmmmmmmmmers miss the details now, don't ya:laugh:
That explains why the sucker looks so dang hot - the real deal:)

I'll still stick with the nice job:clapping:

TomTer
06-10-2008, 10:43 AM
The bog is fine, there are about 15 bog plants in a 3 by 4 area. The pond is not preformed, the preformed shot was the before shot.

TR

when you say 5 x 9 are you talking liner size? Don't seem 5 x 9 in pictures.
Dyno job btw - dig it!

TomTer
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Toker - Cloudytown??? Real close to me - Ramsey area myself. In the heart of storm alley:cry:

zemzabob
06-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Turned out great nice job.

Animal
06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
wow I love this site, only been on a few times,but already learning so much. I have a small garden pond in my back yard I use to keep my pet Caimens in ( central american crocidilles) they died a few years ago, so now it is full of frogs.

I have thought of filling it in and makeing a new pond to go down the side of my 32 foot shop. what kind of liner is that? and where do you get it and the cost.

how deep should a garden pond be? mine now is about 1.5' at it's deepest but slopes to the center. would like to make something about 15' long and about 5' wide.

any pointers would be great.

that pond in the pics. is sweet. love the fake snake on the rocks..lol

TRBIGCREEK
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
when you say 5 x 9 are you talking liner size? Don't seem 5 x 9 in pictures.
Dyno job btw - dig it!

Thanks, 5 by 9 is stone to stone.

TR