PDA

View Full Version : Removing Deck Stain On Concrete

GravelyGuy
05-20-2008, 12:08 AM
I have a customer that wants me to try and remove stain from a concrete patio. The stain has been on there for over a year. Any ideas what I could use to get this off? Do I even have a chance?

Thanks...

Barry M
06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Huh, deck stripper might work.

DAFFMOBILEWASH
06-02-2008, 12:55 AM
This is going to be one of those might work jobs. Make sure you explain to the customer in that the stain more than likely will fade but not all together erase. But it might.

Start with the simple stuff. This would be a last resort in your arsonal;
Late one cooler evening I would arrive at the home owners house and put a paste paint stripper on the spot. Cover it with an old towl and then again with a piece of plywood. make sure the towl is damp. You must get at the house before the sun gets hot 7-8AM and wash the pre treated spot. This will allow the striper to work through out the night and lift plus soften the stain. Try not to blast the spot with lots of pressure rather rinse it well. Try to blend in the spot and conceal the worked area. First try the stripper on an old area of concrete around your house, make sure it will not mar the concrete. If the concrete is new 1-2 years forget about it. Fresh cocrete is the hardest to get clean. The stains simpilly soak deep down.

Good luck

DAFF

GravelyGuy
06-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the advice, I just tried using some muratic acid that I had on the spots and the porch came out like new. It was old concrete. Homeowner was very pleased with the results.