PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a GOOD 2 Gallon Sprayer??? SOLO???

1998tahoe
05-20-2008, 01:56 AM
I need a couple of 2 Gallon Sprayers for various things. Are the SOLO Sprayer any good??? I like their look and features.

Runner
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Solo and SP are excellent brads. Both are made by Swissmex.

RigglePLC
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
One gallon sprayers are better--less weight. Use low pressure and mix for low volume application. Use one gallon per 2000 sqft. Features you need: transparent (makes measuring water easy), built in filter in handle (solves problems), adjustable or interchangeable nozzle, all controls operable while wearing gloves, trigger lock, easy valve rebuild, pressure guage is nice feature, constant pressure valve is nice feature. Need a place to write the sprayer contents and date.

ted putnam
05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
One gallon sprayers are better--less weight. Use low pressure and mix for low volume application. Use one gallon per 2000 sqft. Features you need: transparent (makes measuring water easy), built in filter in handle (solves problems), adjustable or interchangeable nozzle, all controls operable while wearing gloves, trigger lock, easy valve rebuild, pressure guage is nice feature, constant pressure valve is nice feature. Need a place to write the sprayer contents and date.

Agreed! I use 1 gal hand sprayers. Much easier on the forearm and fingers. I use these for the lawns that are pretty clean. I use a backpack with 8004LP teejet tip for lawns that have large patches of nutgrass or buttonweed. Using thos 2 gal sprayers when they're full anyway, makes your left arm feel like it's 2 ft longer than your right.

morturf
05-22-2008, 01:59 AM
I use 3 gal sprayers and have for over 25 years. I have no problems with the long arm, I have a new straps made for the shoulder straps and use bigger rings to attach them. The straps I have made last for years, they are heavy 2 inch cotton webbing. Tried all the poly web have not liked any of them. I use solo tanks, have 10 of them in the truck all the time. They work well, last for years under tough use.

ted putnam
05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Anyone use Chapin's. They used to be the best. I had a couple for 10 yrs or so. I bought a new one a couple years ago to replace one of my old ones and it sucked. I may have just got a lemon. Haven't bought another since.

heybruck34
05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I bought one at Home Depot I have been very happy with. It is stainless steel and I've rebuilt it twice. The rebuild kits are cheap and work very well.

I think it's RF or RL Flowmaster brand. I'm very happy with mine. Believe I paid around $40 for it 5 years ago.

Brass tips and valve on the handle.

greendoctor
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
My 2 gallon hand can is not sold at any normal store. I tried them all, Hudson, Chapin, SP, Solo, RL. Mine is a B&G stainless steel sprayer much like the ones the PCO"s use for interior applications. However, I fitted a quick coupler and a ball valve at the hose end to allow me to use my various application guns at the end. A pressure regulator and gauge fits between the gun and hose. Have to admit this is a little heavy, but it is used mostly for specialty applications such as Lontrel or Ronstar in ornamental beds too small for me to use the gas engine backpack.. It is rare that I am walking a lawn carrying this can. That is what the Maruyama MS074 is for.