PDA

View Full Version : annual blue grass everywhere

ant
05-20-2008, 06:13 AM
its everywhere! with all this rain the cutters got backed up and with the lawns growing you can really see it! yours loaded up with it?

turf hokie
05-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Yes, noticing more so than usual.

Rtom45
05-20-2008, 07:34 AM
ant
Nice fish - is that a striper?
so how do you intend to control / remove the annual blue grass?
Will you collect the clippings to remove the seed heads, will you spot treat and replant, will you just live with it?

Shades of Green LService
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Same here. A lot of houses have it and i'm going to apply Bensumec in the fall and next spring . This should make a big difference .

Whitey4
05-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, that and chickweed on LI this year... and serious infestations of slugs and snails too. Those are the three big issues for me. Some other grassy weed problems, but it's the annual blue that has really popped up this year.

Hogjaw
05-23-2008, 12:55 AM
It's running rampant in the South also. Some lawn look like they been sowed. We're using Revolver w/surfactant..........slow killer though..........be sure and tell customer it's not going to turn black in 10 days. Sprayed some late this afternoon, now we have rain about 1 hour away coming in our direction.

Also, nutsedge.........normally don't see first flush until mid to late June here.....but the first train load has arrived arrived.

Ma'am I'll be there one day this week........she says oohumpps.....can't believe all the crap I have. Ma'am I'll take care of it don't worry about. Well, ***/?LL, then she says, "this is all I have to worry about right now and it's driving me crazy, even the mower is complaining". Then I tell her I'll be there tomorrow. Show up early and she's talking like it's no big deal.......these things happen. There like everybody else.........just need attention and to feel important.

ted putnam
05-23-2008, 01:08 AM
It's running rampant in the South also. Some lawn look like they been sowed. We're using Revolver w/surfactant..........slow killer though..........be sure and tell customer it's not going to turn black in 10 days. Sprayed some late this afternoon, now we have rain about 1 hour away coming in our direction.

Also, nutsedge.........normally don't see first flush until mid to late June here.....but the first train load has arrived arrived.

Ma'am I'll be there one day this week........she says oohumpps.....can't believe all the crap I have. Ma'am I'll take care of it don't worry about. Well, ***/?LL, then she says, "this is all I have to worry about right now and it's driving me crazy, even the mower is complaining". Then I tell her I'll be there tomorrow. Show up early and she's talking like it's no big deal.......these things happen. There like everybody else.........just need attention and to feel important.

Fireweed is what has been driving me crazy...how bout you hogjaw?

Chilehead
05-23-2008, 01:25 AM

I had a real problem with this up till a few weeks ago when it started to heat up. Dimension will be going down in November this year and then again in January just to be safe. I have so much turf repair to do....:dizzy:

Hogjaw
05-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Ted,

Woodsorel (sp?) spotted and a few I've resprayed.

Been a tough year so far keeping everybody happy.

All of the precip we've had I think has diluted the pre-emerge.

ted putnam
05-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Ted,

Woodsorel (sp?) spotted and a few I've resprayed.

Been a tough year so far keeping everybody happy.

All of the precip we've had I think has diluted the pre-emerge.

Same here. Local news said we got almost 22 inches of rain between March 1 and April 15. That's a lot of rain for a state that averages 45 inches per year. Also, I was losing 2 days of work every week for about 6 weeks. I used barricade and I have to say, overall, I'm impressed. It has lacked on a couple of weed varieties. Woodsorrel is one and Hop Clover is the other but other than that it has held up pretty well. Even with all the rain.

Whitey4
05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Ted, I went with Barricade this year too.... let me know how it holds up in the long term this year.... I will do the same. So far , no CB breakthrough at all, even in previously heavilly infected lawns.