PDA

View Full Version : My Equipment

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 03:49 PM
I am 18 years old, been in the business since the end of last season. At the "rap" of last season I had 14 yards, I dropped one guy which I had 5 yards with and then I dropped another guy which I had one yard with. I started this season off with 4 and now I am back up to 12 and in the process of getting two new yards. This is the equipment that I will be using for this season.

**First set**

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I posted a pic. of the boat and camper cause I knew someone would ask to see a better shot of it. Its my moms and dads they recently bought them. Its a 21 foot SeaFox Bay Fisher, with center console, navigation, radar, fish finder, 140 suziki engine, some kinda radio that allows the coast buard to see where you are when in distress. We have taking the boat out twice, its so nice, I love fishing. The camper, is a 26 foot Hyperlight with a single slide out. Surround sound, inside and out, tv, and the rest of the normal stuff. We have not taken it out yet, I like campin but would let it sit there and choose to go fishing instead.

**Second Set**

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 04:17 PM
The snapper is a Hi-Vac, but i just use it for discharging and I wasnt about to change the attachement just for its picture.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 04:18 PM
One more thing, the grass, yes, we had wooden beams and fence boards and poles laying on the grass my dad just recently picked all that up for the crawfish boil on mothers day.

razor1
05-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I like the cupholder on the Snapper. (if that's what it is)

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes that is a cupholder

shane mapes
05-20-2008, 06:11 PM
FYI don't let anybody use the trimmers without the guards. you can be sued. i know of a guy who his worker got hurt and he is in trouble legally now.

JosephLawnCare
05-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Are you related to S Man?

KrayzKajun
05-20-2008, 06:58 PM
nice setup!

93Chevy
05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Nice. I have the same Snapper.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 10:33 PM
FYI don't let anybody use the trimmers without the guards. you can be sued. i know of a guy who his worker got hurt and he is in trouble legally now.

Im solo, Im the only one that runs my equipment.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Are you related to S Man?

No we just live about 3-5 miles away from each other and just meet up on this site. Why do you ask?

deere615
05-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Nice looking equipment. Why did you drop the guy with 5 lawns PITA?

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Ahh, I was sure someone was going to ask me. Ok basically this is how it goes. I was just starting out, like I was cuttin a house down the street and then I parked my truck across the street of my house, to make it look like I was cuttin grass, but I was really just cutting my own lawn. Anyways, he was telling me that he has rental property and he needs someone to maintain them. So he gave me the address, and as being new, I went super cheap. So this guy was already gettin a ?bargen? for getting his grass cut. I cut four lawns for only 105 dollars, when it should have been close to 135 or more. So, when I did one of the yards, it was overgrown and I didnt take that into consideration and so when I approched him, I asked him for 5 more dollars for each cut, and he just about had a fit, so he gave me 5 extra dollar for the one time cut. Then, he said that if I wanted to cut his yards then i couldnt increase my price. So I called him and said, ok I wont increase my price, and then he was like ok, thats good, cause Im also helping you expand your business, which is BS cause he never got any new yards. Things were going fine for a lil while, then he called and said that a nebhior said that I wasnt cutting the grass to the property line, so I said, ok I would look at it and if needed cut further, I did that the nex cut. Then he finally got someone to rent a house out. This renter had a huge van, and the leaser asked me if I could cut some of the weeds down along the fence and I said, ok i will do some here and there. I started to do that and then the renter moved in and blocked the drive way so I stopped doing the tree work. Then I had asked ron, the leaser, if he could ask the renter if he could move the van so I could get to the back yard with my 21, he didnt, so I ended up cutting the backyard with my trimmer, good thing it wasnt big. Ok, now to the real problem. He went outta town and had one of his properties up for sale. He had a garden bed along the douplex that had SEROUS over grown grass and trash, well the realater wanted to get some plants planted in there. Then on another propety, the tenet was complaining about the tree like weeds along the fence(a different house than the one with the van). So he sent this in the letter, if i can take care of this fine, if not, hold the check he will get it from me. So i called ron, and he said, Im not sure what needs to be done can you tell me indetail, and he said that I will have to go talk to the tenet to see what she wants done. First off, I dont work for the tenet I work for ron, and second off, hes gonna pay me for somethin that he dosent even no what needs to be done. So I told him, I said, you understand that this will cost extra, because the 105 that only covers cutting the grass, no extar garden work. Well that jus set him off, and he was sayin how seemed like every time he turned round I was chargin him here and there, which isnt true cause I did a bunch of extra stuff for no charge. Bag his grass on his house, and then the tree like weeds being removed with the house that had the van, and then some other small things. All for no extra charge. So he said, you no what, jus dont worry about it, all you needed to do was to talk to the tenet to see what she wanted done and I tried to tell him, i dont talk to your tenets about what your going to pay me for, I will do the work if you call her and ask her what needs to be done and if you pay extra. Well he didnt like that, so he said, dont worry about it, hell get the black man out there to cut his grass for 15 dollars. Claimed that he had the same stuff as me, and did the same work, which isnt true cause thats why before I got there, it was never weed eated or edged. So basically that was the reason for me droppin him/him droppin me. you should see his grass now, its back to the way it was before, if he would call me I would either laugh on the phone or tell him, he will really pay for the cuts now, he wouldnt pay the same price for any of them. He would sign something saying what was to be done in detail and nothin else will be done for that price, anything else will be extra, every nit picking thing. The other guy I dropped, I just didnt feel safe at all with him, he would have me literally go inside his house to his back office to get his money, so I jus said nevermind n never showed or called, to protect myself.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-20-2008, 11:12 PM
So basically, ron was tryin 2 get over me and screw me, but I was smart and stood my ground

wildbilly
05-21-2008, 12:14 AM
NICE SET UP. IS ALL YOUR YARDS SMALL? NO RIDER?:usflag:

wildbilly
05-21-2008, 12:21 AM
http://BILLYJPQNICE SET UP. IS ALL YOUR YARDS SMALL? NO RIDER?:usflag:

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Nanh, dont have the money, I still owe money on my truck and money to my parents. Im about 8000 in the hole. I was just 5000, but then I clipped the fire hydrant at my house and that set me back 3900 dollars. There all an average size subdivion yard. They take between 30-45 minutes to do everything.

DoetschOutdoor
05-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Hitting a fire hydrant cost you almost $4k???!!! Im taking it the other money you owe is for your truck?

S man
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice stuff matthew. I had both mowers you have but sold them and now have a toro comm. with a honda engine and res. snapper with briggs. They work better for me than the other mowers. The comm. snapper had little stuff breaking on it and cut bad. Also the kaw toro cut bad also. My new toro cuts better. Don't know why?

Big C
05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice setup

deere615
05-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow long story, looks like you did the right thing. I had a fire Hydrant accident last year, it was in a blind spot, I jumped into my truck and turned right into it. that was a sad day:cry:

NOOB
05-21-2008, 10:13 PM
How do you advertise The Cheifslawncare

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Wow long story, looks like you did the right thing. I had a fire Hydrant accident last year, it was in a blind spot, I jumped into my truck and turned right into it. that was a sad day:cry:

Same thing I did, backed into the driveway, went to go pull out and turned way to early, caught the hydrant about 6 inches on my back passenger door and then it jus ripped the whole quater pannel and slashed my tire, luckly it didnt bend the rim or the axel. Cost me 3900 to get it fixed.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-22-2008, 02:36 AM
How do you advertise The Cheifslawncare

What do you mean, how do I advertise? Anyways, somethin about the name, my last name is Chieffo (Chee-Foe), and so I thought it was clever to be Chief, since people think my last name is kool. However, Im startin to really not like it cause it sounds kinda corny and done overnight, so Im thinkin if I stay in the business and become LLC or CO, I think most do LLC, I will do one of these tell me what one you like.

MCC Lawn Care (My initals are MCC)-My Top Choice-Only proab is, theres a business, thats pretty big, that is called MCC Services, so I dont know how that would all work out.
Chief's Lawn Care
or
Clean Cut Lawns

Thats about all that Ive thought of.

S man
06-02-2008, 12:21 AM
The other guy I dropped, I just didnt feel safe at all with him, he would have me literally go inside his house to his back office to get his money, so I jus said nevermind n never showed or called, to protect myself.[/QUOTE]

So basically, ron was tryin 2 get over me and screw me, but I was smart and stood my ground

Is there a relation between the two comments or not?? I have a lawn that I cut with a creepy guy that sells ammo and is very secretive. Some of my other customers said he is weird. My mom tells me to be careful when I'm over there and to never go in his house. It's good because he comes out and pays me and goes back in. But I am careful when cutting his yard. That's one on bradley lane in my neighborhood.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-02-2008, 12:29 AM
OOO LOL noooo, but yeah Id drop him to HAHAHAHA. No this one was on Kingman Street.

freshprince94
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Nice set-up. But that Echo, that's an SRM-230, not a 210.

S man
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice set-up. But that Echo, that's an SRM-230, not a 210.

Prince, definitely go with the phazer if you're getting a 34" rider. That thing was the best mower I've owned!:cry:

Supper Grassy
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Nice Equipment

freshprince94
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Prince, definitely go with the phazer if you're getting a 34" rider. That thing was the best mower I've owned!:cry:

I will hopefully get a Phazer. The 21" is killing me in this heat...Does eXmark make a sunshade for the Phazer???