PDA

View Full Version : hydro ?

R. D.
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
i have a 52"stander and when i back up using just the left wheel it barly turns . so i adjusted the rod thats hooked to handle and it now will back up at same speed as the right side.but now the left is to slow going forward . is this just an adjustment problem or worn pump ?

WrightCommercial
05-21-2008, 10:04 AM
R.D.

This issue could depend on the age of you 52" Stander. On the early models there are two metal hoops that control each pump, they are attached to the pump input shafts with folded metal clamps. As these systems age the pump shaft will egg out the clamp and cause a issue like you are describing. If you look at the clamps while moving the control levers and you see movement in the clamp and it does'nt move the shaft this is the problem. If there is a gap at the back of the clamp it can be further tightened, if there is no gap it should be replaced. The part number 96410001 when ordered now will get you a cast clamp as areplacement and will eliminate the problem. Also, check that the bypass valve on the back of the pump hasn't been released this would apply to older or newer versions. If these two issues aren't causing the problem then the pump is the most likely cause.

Best Regards
Wright Service Department

R. D.
05-24-2008, 08:15 AM
clamps are fine. must be hydro . is this hydro pump change some thing a average do it yourself can do,or take it to a dealer ? how long would this pump last like it is ? is it wise to keep cutting with it ? i got this mower last week at a yard sale for $600.00 and it cuts better than mowers that i paid $thousands for .

WrightCommercial
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
R. D.

The best thing to do would be to find a local dealer that can flow test the pump. This test will tell you whether the pump is truly the problem. The pump should flow a certain gallon per minute rate and if it doesn't it is definetly the pump. If the flow test checks out it is the wheel motor at fault. If its difficult to find someone to flow test the pump, one rule of thumb has been the pump will make alot of noise as it fails and the wheel motors will not. The one issue with either of these components being run with a fault is they can contaminate the system with metal, so the quicker the problem can be identified the better. The wheel motor is easier to replace but the pump can be done by a home mechanic also.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department

R. D.
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
thanks for the info. i will have the flow test done soon.