PDA

View Full Version : Ontario..1st offense spraying commerical..no licence

Liquidfast
05-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Anyone (from Ontario) know what the consequences might be for a contractor spraying pesticides without a licence?

SoonerTurf
05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
death.........

Tscape
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
It's a ticket. Ya mail it in.

Ric
05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Liquidfast

Be happy it wasn't Florida that caught you. I let my License expire but still had insurance and certification current. Just an oversight on my part. But I had a Malcontent customer file the only complaint I ever had with the state. I was found not at fault over the complaint but was fined $ 1,000 for letting my license laps.

Liquidfast
05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
It wasn't me.

I'll explain.

My parnter and I split in November of last year. I gave him a commercial property to keep. We had a 800 number plastered on our trucks which was still in service. We agreed to split the biz that was a direct result of the number. Anyway, I get a nasty message the other day stating a ladies dog was sick due to the spray and we should have put signs out etc etc ect.

I drive by and see the tell tale signs of spray and know he didnt call the pros. I can't approach him as he has something against me albeit over the phone and never in person but thats another story.

Frank Fescue
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I'd put up a fight over it. And say you're some form of minority and you feel discriminated against. the province won't want that type of bad press and you should skate.

americanlawn
05-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I'd put up a fight over it. And say you're some form of minority and you feel discriminated against. the province won't want that type of bad press and you should skate.

Actually it works. We filed small claims against a deadbeat who never paid his bills.

He received four monthly past due statements, received 3 phone calls (one per week), then we finally drove out to his house & confronted him.....he promised to mail a check the following day -- never happened.

Shortly after, we filed. He showed up in court.......his defense was "We hounded him". He also played the "race card". This was a "hands down" win for us, but the 'judge' dismissed the case. We still don't know why, cuz the decision was NOT based on law.

So if you want to get away with not paying your bills, just say you are a minority, don't have a job, rely on hard-working Americans to foot your bills.......Oh yes, say you have health problems too. :laugh:

LawnTamer
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone (from Ontario) know what the consequences might be for a contractor spraying pesticides without a licence?

Here they just shoot out your left kneecap. That's for your 1st offense, your second offense, they get serious.