PDA

View Full Version : whats a good brand of spreader

myers611
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
I've been in business 25 years and have always used Lesco broasdcast spreaders. They changed the handle angle and the new ones are much heavier and harder to push. None of my guys like them, so I am looking for a new brand of spreader. We work with them all day so I need quality. Anyone used anything they were impressed with?

PSUTURFGEEK
05-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Spyker and Brinley spreaders are nice, a little more even and accurate than most other spreaders.

RigglePLC
05-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Get stainless steel. Do you have to lift them onto a pickup? --then the weight is important. I prefer the Andersons, (although it weighs 35 pounds). Helical cone adjustment for pattern. 3 holes. Rotary agitator. I added handles on the left side to aid in lifting it onto the truck. If you have any lumps in your fert consider a spreader with one large opening--not three small holes.

cpel2004
05-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Do a search on the site its hundreds of threads regarding spreaders.

ted putnam
05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Get stainless steel. Do you have to lift them onto a pickup? --then the weight is important. I prefer the Andersons, (although it weighs 35 pounds). Helical cone adjustment for pattern. 3 holes. Rotary agitator. I added handles on the left side to aid in lifting it onto the truck. If you have any lumps in your fert consider a spreader with one large opening--not three small holes.

Riggle, you're supposed to say,"If you have any lumps in your fertilizer, consider a new fert supplier." :laugh: