PDA

View Full Version : Echo Pe-200

mikeylikesit5805
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi All,

Ive been looking for an edger, ive only got about 10 lawns that i do, but it makes decent money on the side. Im looking at buying an edger i was thinking about ECHO PE-200. has anyone use this, Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

nmurph
05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
i bought one and used it for the first time Monday. i am a HO with about 600' of driveway to edge. i have a Stihl fs 85 that i have been maintaining the edge with and i decided that i would try a dedicated edger. i had not edged this year, so it was a bit over-grown with centipede. not a total mess, but i will need to go over everything again to get a crisp edge. there were several areas where it would stall and i had to really slow down. i feel it is a little under-powered. it will be ok for maintaining the edge once i get it cut-in. however, if you are an LCO, i think you might want to consider more power. i will defer to those that do this on a daily basis and use this model, or to yungman, who is the most knowledgeble of any HO.

BryceBentleyLCS
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
The pe-200 is under powered, Plus the plastic shield gets stuffed and the blade will not turn. Do yourself a favor and get the 230 or 265 because you will not be happy with a 200. :usflag:

magbarn
05-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Even the 230 will bog and slow you down quite a bit. If you're sticking to echo and you have muddy lawns, I'd get a 260/265 minimum. Those are even stronger than my Shindy T2510 C4. If you look you might be able to find a PE-260 on closeout as the 265 replaces it. Looking at your equipment list, I'd even look at the Stihl FC90/95/100. Those are quite powerful.

yungman
05-21-2008, 12:58 PM
i will defer to those that do this on a daily basis and use this model, or to yungman, who is the most knowledgeble of any HO.

No, I don’t know a lot, I like to talk, I like to throw my opinion out there and let other people put in their words. Then I listen and think, I learn if it makes sense and change, debate if it does not make sense. Yes I don’t sit back and judge how stupid people that keep saying stupid things. To me that is only a righteous attitude. I particular do not do personnel attack, I attack ideas, facts, not people. Those attack people are the ones that run out of ideas.

Speaking of the edger, the blade always hit the dirt which offer a lot of resistance. Also the edger always roll on the ground which help support the weight of the edger. Together it would make more sense to get a bigger engine than 21.2cc. In this case, weight is not an issue.

nmurph
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
No, I donít know a lot, I like to talk, I like to throw my opinion out there and let other people put in their words. Then I listen and think, I learn if it makes sense and change, debate if it does not make sense. Yes I donít sit back and judge how stupid people that keep saying stupid things. To me that is only a righteous attitude. I particular do not do personnel attack, I attack ideas, facts, not people. Those attack people are the ones that run out of ideas.

Speaking of the edger, the blade always hit the dirt which offer a lot of resistance. Also the edger always roll on the ground which help support the weight of the edger. Together it would make more sense to get a bigger engine than 21.2cc. In this case, weight is not an issue.

you said a mouthful there.........

yungman
05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
you said a mouthful there.........

If I say anything wrong, point it out. I won't personnel attack if you don't!!!

Lazer_Z
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
No, I donít know a lot, I like to talk, I like to throw my opinion out there and let other people put in their words. Then I listen and think, I learn if it makes sense and change, debate if it does not make sense. Yes I donít sit back and judge how stupid people that keep saying stupid things. To me that is only a righteous attitude. I particular do not do personnel attack, I attack ideas, facts, not people. Those attack people are the ones that run out of ideas.

Speaking of the edger, the blade always hit the dirt which offer a lot of resistance. Also the edger always roll on the ground which help support the weight of the edger. Together it would make more sense to get a bigger engine than 21.2cc. In this case, weight is not an issue.Yep, Like a Stihl FC110 with a powerful 31.4cc 4 Mix engine. :waving:

Cathman
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Tried a PE200 and hated it. Even on not very overgrown stuff it bogged unless there was a gap already there. Bought it at HD and luckily i used it the same day and took it back the same day. I now own a Stihl and couldnt be happier. I bought the curved shaft one FC75 i think it. It has plenty of power and has trudged through even the overgrown stuff easily. Only problem with it is i wish it had an open face (that will be fixed soon :). Dont waste your time on the PE200. I use mine strictly for overgrown stuff....otherwise my established stuff gets the trimmer. Power is whats needed for the overgrown stuff and the PE200 doesnt have it.

My 1/2 of 1/2 cents worth :waving:

Scagguy
05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
My neighbor across the street from me has one. I used it 1 time on his lawn just to see what it would do. It is horribly underpowered. Unless you use this on perfectly manicured edges, you'll be disappointed. Buy something with more power as others have suggested.

freshprince94
05-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I use the PE-200. I used to love it until I started getting some extremely, not been edged in 2 months accounts. On these, it clogs up, and is rather slow and underpowered. If you arent doing overgrown stuff than this should be fine for you.