PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn Weed Control ... What are my options??

Bluelude1
05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I have a lawn with large bare patches (new construction) mixed with established grass that that was hydro mulched & sodded with Bermuda 3 weeks ago and is just starting come up. Any suggestions on how I can manage the existing weeds that are in this type of lawn? Normally I would just wait 3 months until the seed was established and do normal weed control, but I am trying to get the house on the market before the heat sets in here in the Dallas area so my time table has been somewhat shortened.

Please bare in mind that with a lawn that is 2-3 acres (sprinklered) some of the high end organic solutions get pricey FAST :dizzy:

Thanks in Advance

Marcos
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a lawn with large bare patches (new construction) mixed with established grass that that was hydro mulched & sodded with Bermuda 3 weeks ago and is just starting come up. Any suggestions on how I can manage the existing weeds that are in this type of lawn? Normally I would just wait 3 months until the seed was established and do normal weed control, but I am trying to get the house on the market before the heat sets in here in the Dallas area so my time table has been somewhat shortened.

Please bare in mind that with a lawn that is 2-3 acres (sprinklered) some of the high end organic solutions get pricey FAST :dizzy:

Thanks in Advance

Are you an applicator...or a homeowner ?

If you're a pro, you might want to look at the label for Drive DF herbicide from BASF..for it's applications in bermudagrass.

Here it is :

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld4BF009.pdf

Read carefully on the label about using the right types of surfactant with Drive DF. It makes quite a difference...at least up here in bluegrass / fescue country, when going after crabgrass, clover, etc.

Bluelude1
05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Homeowner / Ag Land Owner - So basically I don't have a license to spray the chemical but oddly I can purchase most in large quantities for farm use pretty easily.

RigglePLC
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Bluelude,
Quicksilver can be used on both established and newly seeded grass. New chemistry weed killer. Not systemic--kills only the parts of the plant it touches. Burns back seedling weeds in about 24 hours. Costly--over a hundred dollars for 8 ounces--but a little goes a long way.

Bluelude1
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
RigglePLC - Specs on it look great? How often does it have to be applied? Being non systemic I would think it would be a fairly on going battle or am I wrong?