PDA

View Full Version : scag light kit

cmills
05-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Has anybody used the Scag light kit, I know it probably wouldn't work real well but I mow a couple places that don't have to look nice just have to get mowed so if the lights work decent it might work for me if I go with a Scag, and with working a regular full time job I need all the time I can get so if I could mow a little after dark that would be nice.

TandM
05-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Buy some fog lights from carquest and drill a few holes screw em in and wire them up.

Mic_bug
05-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Buy some fog lights from carquest and drill a few holes screw em in and wire them up.

won't they only work in the 'fog'? :confused:

These should work better :cool2:

http://b.imagehost.org/0887/1.jpg

tacoma200
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Has anybody used the Scag light kit, I know it probably wouldn't work real well but I mow a couple places that don't have to look nice just have to get mowed so if the lights work decent it might work for me if I go with a Scag, and with working a regular full time job I need all the time I can get so if I could mow a little after dark that would be nice.

The Scag light kit is a little pricey but well worth it to me. I think it was about $170 which includes a Scag wiring harness toggle switch brackets etc. They work very well. Not too bright but bright enough to easily work after dark. They will pay for themselves quickly if you work late into the evening. Works great as a light to finish up trimming also.

nosparkplugs
05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I would only use your/Scag factory light kit, don't "rig" it up with some fog lights from autozone?. I got the light Kit on my Walker their way to bright, I love it. I use them for athletic fields, gas stations, commercial zones. I don't know how I functioned without the lights now. i also use them on busy roads, as added saftey cars will see you with the Walker lights. Light kits are a great investment.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/Walkerlight.jpg