PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus check off sets gas

Turf Commando
05-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Economic advisors claim stimulus checks will off set our current (GAS) situation.
I agreee, for about 2 weeks than were back to the grind...

lawnspecialties
05-21-2008, 09:21 PM
We're going to Disneyworld.:)

Turf Commando
05-21-2008, 09:35 PM
We're going to Disneyworld.:)

Really..? take me with you .....

firedude26
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
im buying exxon stock

:weightlifter:

billslawn89
05-21-2008, 09:44 PM
im buying exxon stock

:weightlifter:

ya, me too...if i only had a crystal ball years ago!

Turf Commando
05-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Thats funny....:laugh:

Uranus
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Mines going torwards my $3,200 heating oil bill.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Mines going torwards my $3,200 heating oil bill.

Get a Big wood stove ! Come on down with the truck,my buddy is the prsident of a large local hunting club,lots of free WOOD :)

Big C
05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Might as well invest in a new bp blower and save the rest for the ztr I plan on getting.

topsites
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I hear ya...

I'm glad they're helping us, yes.

But I've cut my costs this year alone by well over $1,200 (for the year, still it's a lot considering everything costs more...).
Yet that PLUS the stimulus check don't fill my tanks, not even in the difference.
I get TWICE the work per gallon done now than in earlier years.
But it still costs me right at double.

But for about 2-3 weeks I have to agree, it will help.

Uranus
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Get a Big wood stove ! Come on down with the truck,my buddy is the prsident of a large local hunting club,lots of free WOOD :)

I just went to the fireplace store the other day looking for a wood burning fireplace insert. They wanted almost $2500 for the insert and then I would have to buy a metal liner for my chimney. Said that could run another $1,200. I can get a bunch of free wood over the year, but do I really want to be out there splitting wood when I already have no time for myself? NOPE! I'm in the middle of pricing pellet stoves. Looks like I can drop $3,700 for a pellet stove installed. Then I think its $220-$240 per ton for the pellets. Need 3 tons. So I would be up side down this year put back in the black for next heating season. Who knows where oil will be next year. I hope under $5 per gallon. Going to get ugly out there.

Albemarle Lawn
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
If you spend it at Chilis.

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm glad they're helping us, yes.

Really? The whole thing is a farce. I'm beginning to think those Montana militia guys are right: we the people need to reclaim the friggin' government. It's out of control, stagnant, and so over budgeted it's sickening...

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I just went to the fireplace store the other day looking for a wood burning fireplace insert. They wanted almost $2500 for the insert and then I would have to buy a metal liner for my chimney. Said that could run another $1,200. I can get a bunch of free wood over the year, but do I really want to be out there splitting wood when I already have no time for myself? NOPE! I'm in the middle of pricing pellet stoves. Looks like I can drop $3,700 for a pellet stove installed. Then I think its $220-$240 per ton for the pellets. Need 3 tons. So I would be up side down this year put back in the black for next heating season. Who knows where oil will be next year. I hope under $5 per gallon. Going to get ugly out there.

I used to do installs. A steel flexliner has a HUGE markup for install, and is incredibly simple to do yourself. You literally just drop it down the chimney, screw it on at the top and the bottom, tape it, and you're done.

I grew up with a pellet stove while I lived in Seattle. Cost us a fortune in pellets...