PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Stripe Kit

greengiant9963
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Looking at getting a John Deere stripe kit for my Ztrac. Running the mower side by side next to the scag and exmark there is a night and day difference in the stripes that are put down. Does Deeres stripe kit really make that much of a difference??

deereman
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Pending the type of grass and conditions at that time. We run one of our Z-Traks with a striper and the other without. Somedays you can really tell the difference, and some not that much at all. Go figure. I just threw new bearings in the striper tonight, not out but getting real close.

johnnyusa
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Greengiant, when you said there was a night and day difference in striping, in what order was the striping the best of the three?

greengiant9963
05-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Greengiant, when you said there was a night and day difference in striping, in what order was the striping the best of the three?

Exmark, Scag and Deere coming in a distant last.

RC Randy
05-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Have the stripe kit on my 820, and it does a nice job. I am mowing at 3.5", mowing very thick sodded fescue and have it adjusted at the lowest setting. Putting decent downforce without raising the back of the deck. Just wondering how long the bearings will hold up, being it is just one long roller running the length of the deck.