PDA

View Full Version : Lawn revitalising on the Cheap

bill8379
05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
A long time customer (I've been doing her windows and Snow for 8 years) has asked me to try and bring her lawn back to life. Her lawn used to be nice but thinks that the lawn care co. she had (I'm the new one) cut her grass too short, cut it every week even when it didn't need it etc. and her fert. co. may have burned her lawn. Anyways, whatever happened, it looks thin and has some dead spots, uneven grass growth. It hasn't even been cut yet this year (Manitoba) and some parts or higher then others. She thinks it quack grass..

So we were talking today, she hired me to cut bi-weekly. She mentioned putting down dirt but for some reason I talked her into dropping some seed. I think because I read one of Topsites posts *Shakes fist.

I'm not positive what to do but think I have a good idea, how does this sound.

-Power rake it really well and bag the thatch.
-Cut grass low
-spread quality seeds then power rake lightly.
-hit with fert and water.

I don't want to drop and rake any dirt but I am looking for advice here if any one has any.

bill8379
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Bump (message is too short)

billslawn89
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
slit seed, starter fert, water, then fert again after third mowing

bill8379
05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks billslawn89, that gave me something to think about. I don't do this sort of thing but I want to try it out with a easy going customer and maybe on my own little lawn.

Did I post this question in the wrong area?