PDA

View Full Version : does someone make it?

P.Services
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
when we blow the clippings out of the beds a lot of mulch gets blown out also. after doing this 30 times a year not much is left. does some one make some kind of clear glue to spray on so it wont blow out?

if not some one should, some thing to stick it together and make it stay shinny wet looking. home owners would love it!!

shovelracer
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Not sure about the wet look but there is a product that bonds the mulch together. It is advertised for use on hills and such.

SILVERSTREAK INC
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
i pack it down with a rake upside down, makes it look nice around trees and keeps it from washing away...works for a few months

JShe8918
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
What i do is if you remove the extension off of the blower an blow semi light and in a circluar motion.... If the makes since... How it works is that i makes the air disperse and not be targeted at one place in the mulch....

P.Services
05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
What i do is if you remove the extension off of the blower an blow semi light and in a circluar motion.... If the makes since... How it works is that i makes the air disperse and not be targeted at one place in the mulch....

thats what i do now but it still blows some out. a lot of my clients even have problems with water washing it out.

jsaunders
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
OR don't blow the grass onto the beds:laugh::laugh:

We do flip the rake over and "rake the mulch" to smooth the mulch when we install it and after a couple of rains it hardens up.

Your idea would work- but how much would it really be needed?

shovelracer
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I couldnt find what I was looking for probably cause I saw it in a catalog somewhere. I gathered it was a polymer tacktifier sort of like stone sealer.

P.Services
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
I couldnt find what I was looking for probably cause I saw it in a catalog somewhere. I gathered it was a polymer tacktifier sort of like stone sealer.

yeah thats how i got the idea after sealing pavers.

shovelracer
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
It does exist if you can find it.

Uranus
05-21-2008, 11:39 PM
here you go. I saw this once and for some odd reason I remember about it after reading your thread.

http://mulchgard.com/products.aspx

RonB
05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Why would you want the mulch to stay there indefinitely? Don't you want to sell a mulch job?

P.Services
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
hey thanks for the link im going to get some on monday. i like the beds to look nice and new all the time, it will still rot down anyways.

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-21-2008, 11:52 PM
There's a vendor in Turf magazine that peddles just such a product... But Turf is over by my indoor plumbing, not the PC... so you'll hafta look it up yourself.

Uranus
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
make sure you read pro tip #7

JayD
05-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Great ideal, I will have to try this because I have been pulling my hair out wondering how I can fix this problem. What I would really like is to find a way to keep the clippings from getting into the mulch beds in the first place. This property that I do just has a bad layout and even with a blade blocker, I still find it hard to keep out. Only thing that I can think of is to buy a grass catcher. This is the only one I have a big deal with, its a commercial property and there is a lot.

lostmdboy
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Why would you want the mulch to stay there indefinitely? Don't you want to sell a mulch job?

Ya that is job security :cool2: