PDA

View Full Version : Wide-track 61" fixed-deck Wright Stander kit?

olde_blue
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Does anyone make a kit to move out the drive wheels of a 61" fixed deck Stander to widen the track from 47" to at least 54" to 56"? With about 7" of trim overhang, and the fixed deck, the 61" Standers are prone to scalp.

For the 48" and 52" RH Standers and Sentar Sports, Wright adds a U-shaped bracket (and different wheels) which move the hydro motors out and widens the track to about 44" from 36". I was wondering if anyone made something similar aftermarket for the 61". Such a kit may void Wright's lifetime weld warranty, however, since it may put extra stress on the frame.

pddoran
05-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I am having the same problem with my 61"sentar.

olde_blue
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I am having the same problem with my 61"sentar.

The 61" Wright Z uses 24x12-12 tires and appears to have a wider track than the 48" and 52" Z's which use the 23x9.5-12 tires. I wonder if you could swap out the wheels of your Sentar for 61" Z wheels and shod them with 12" wide tires (would there be clearance for the extra 1/2" in radius?). That would increase the track width by 5" to about 52" or 53". You might want to ask Wright if this would work. It might help.

It will not help with the 61" Stander, however. . .

TwistedSister
05-28-2008, 11:12 PM
This may not help but when I had to put new tires and rims on my 32in Wright Velke mower, The new tires rubbed against the frame so I got some big washers and put them between the plate that the rims bolts onto (dont know what its called) and the rims. That made my tires go outward about 1/2 an inch. Maybe you could try that and it might help a bit. Or you could look for some tires that are the same height but wider. Like 14" or 16". This would also help with traction and floatation. Hope this helps. Also, Ebay is a great place to look for tires/rims.

pddoran
05-31-2008, 11:04 PM
we JUST PUT THE RIMS ON BACKWARDS AND SINCE THE RIMS ARE OF SET THIS HELPS A LOT ACORDING TO MY HELPER BUT IT IS STILL NOT PERFECT :) :cool2:

olde_blue
06-01-2008, 08:50 AM
we JUST PUT THE RIMS ON BACKWARDS AND SINCE THE RIMS ARE OF SET THIS HELPS A LOT ACORDING TO MY HELPER BUT IT IS STILL NOT PERFECT :) :cool2:

I do not own one; I am just considering buying one, so I can't actually try this out. How much wider is the track after flipping the rims?