PDA

View Full Version : Price of used Exmark 36" Metro

Michael950
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I am going to look at this "residential use" 2004 Metro 36" mower and was wondering what a fair value is for the mower. I have reservations about purchasing used, not knowing the true history, but for the savings giving it a good review would not hurt.
(Please do not reply what I am willing to pay, it does have a "fair market" value which I need to decide what I am willing to pay).

Also, what should I look for when evaluating a used mower. The owner said he recently replaced the carb since the throttle plate had play and wasn't sealing properly (throttle plate gets beat up and doesnt seal properly).

"Approx 350 hrs"
Kohler 15-HP Command Pro engine

lawns Etc
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Looks good I would Give $1800 as long as I got to try it for a few minutes to make sure it is workable

Michael950
05-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Any other estimates?

What do I need to keep an eye out for? What are key indicators there are lots of hours on the mower?

Any areas that are a weakness, and should be closely examined?

Lawn-Scapes
05-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't really know what the fair market value is.. You can call your local dealer and ask though. I just bought a 36" hydro Viking with 150 hours for $1200.

Use all your senses when you check it out. Start it up... Did it start easily? Any smoke? Listen to it at idle and full rpms. Any unusual vibration, knocking sounds? Run it around for a while.. at least 10-15 minutes in all gears. Does it respond well to left & right turns, reverse? Turn it off.. check and smell the oil. Try to restart it.

Edit.. feel for play in the spindles....

Good luck..

Michael950
05-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't really know what the fair market value is.. You can call your local dealer and ask though. I just bought a 36" hydro Viking with 150 hours for $1200.

Use all your senses when you check it out. Start it up... Did it start easily? Any smoke? Listen to it at idle and full rpms. Any unusual vibration, knocking sounds? Run it around for a while.. at least 10-15 minutes in all gears. Does it respond well to left & right turns, reverse? Turn it off.. check and smell the oil. Try to restart it.

Edit.. feel for play in the spindles....

Good luck..

What type of play? Do I have to roll the mower to its side to get to the blades and feel?

What about a hydo mower, anything in particular about those?

Quality Cuts PLS
05-25-2008, 07:49 PM
It would go for about $800.00 to $1000.00 in my area.

Itsgottobegreen
05-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Care to part with it?

STIHL GUY
05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
ive found a couple of those around here for $1500

A-Land
05-26-2008, 01:08 AM
What type of play? Do I have to roll the mower to its side to get to the blades and feel?

What about a hydo mower, anything in particular about those?

Yes, try turning it over. :weightlifter: :nono: :hammerhead: :laugh:

Richard Martin
05-26-2008, 06:04 AM
To check the spindles...

1:Remove the cover from the mower deck and then remove the belt that goes around the spindle pullies.
2: Push the blade engagement lever all of the way forward. This disengages the blade brake.
3: Lift the front of the mower up (don't roll the mower on it's side) and set it on a jackstand, cinder block or something.
4: Reach under the mower and grab the blade by the tip at the end of the blade.
5: Try to move the tip of the blade up and down. There should be extremely little (1/16" or less) or no movement.

A decent, low hour Metro 36" is worth about $1500 in my opinion.