PDA

View Full Version : Geriatrics Lawn Service

johnnybravo8802
05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Forget about grandma and grandpa pulling a trailer with a beat up pickup and Murray. I was coming out of Hardees and here comes a lawnservice with a man, at least, 65+ in a decked out Isuzu-two Toro riders and weedeaters on both sides. Grandma got out and could barely make it into the building-I thought i was going to have to call an ambulance:dizzy: These people should be in Florida right now in their retirement home but they just spent their 401K on lawn equip. It looked like they went out and bought out a lawn care. This truck should have had someone 30 yrs. younder driving it. How long are they going to last in this heat?:confused: I'm not trying to offend anyone but everyone is doing this and spending big money!!!!!!!!

LawnBrother
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
They probably don't have a choice.

SamTheLawnMan
05-22-2008, 04:04 PM
They will have to charge more.....cause if will take them longer....:laugh::laugh:

dave k
05-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Forget about grandma and grandpa pulling a trailer with a beat up pickup and Murray. I was coming out of Hardees and here comes a lawnservice with a man, at least, 65+ in a decked out Isuzu-two Toro riders and weedeaters on both sides. Grandma got out and could barely make it into the building-I thought i was going to have to call an ambulance:dizzy: These people should be in Florida right now in their retirement home but they just spent their 401K on lawn equip. It looked like they went out and bought out a lawn care. This truck should have had someone 30 yrs. younder driving it. How long are they going to last in this heat?:confused: I'm not trying to offend anyone but everyone is doing this and spending big money!!!!!!!!

Maybe they have doing lawn care for 60 years and that is what you will look like when that time come's! People gotta eat!

johnnybravo8802
05-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Yea, people gotta eat but there's a lot of different things to do. They didn't have a "substitute the income" rig, they had a "I'm going to have to work 12 hrs a day to pay for it" rig. Like I said, the wife could barely make it into the building-not a job for people that age. ;)

billslawn89
05-22-2008, 08:39 PM
:laugh: i'll be cutting at 65 if i ain't dead by then!

johnnybravo8802
05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Me to, but I swear I think this guy just woke up and decided to mow lawns and bought this decked out rig. Why else would he have had his wife working with him? If he would have been doing it a while, he would have had a couple of Mexicans with him Instead. He should have spent that money on an RV.:laugh::laugh: