PDA

View Full Version : pricing for 2 acres

sabinjm
12-20-2001, 12:19 PM
I was wondering how much other people would charge for mowing of 2 acres? This is a new account and is awaiting my bid. It is a large lumber yard. The grass is all flat and spaced out. I have no account this large so I am in the clouds as to what it should bid at. I have a general idea of what to charge but dont want to outbid myself. Basically if I come back to him with a good bid I have the contract, that is why I need to be correct.

brentsawyer
12-20-2001, 09:51 PM
I guess that I'll give you what I would do. First, make sure it is 2 acres, not 2.3, 2.8 or something more than your bargaining for. Best way is to measure yourself with a measuring wheel and if you plan on being in business for a while, go to Home Depot and plop down $60 for one. Second, do a time trial with your lawn equip in similar conditions that you will be mowing. I put logs in the middle of my street and timed how many times I went around them in a given time period. Imp. to keep speed the same here. Next, figure out how long you think it will take from your estimates and figure in 10-15% for fudge factor for inaccuricies and include others such as drive time. This will give you a simple figure to apply of how long it will take you to do the job. Then take your time and multiply it by how much you want to make for the given time it takes you.

Mine would be for a flat yard just mowing, no weed eating or blowing and cut weekly. $70/hr at 2.2 acres per hour=54 min=$63 for mowing plus drive time of at least $5-10. Weed eating and blowing $40/hr extra. This is for a 52" Scag Turf Tiger

johndeere455
12-25-2001, 10:07 AM
I usually give estimates on yards at a$1 a min. I have some yards
that are at least 2 acres and charge them a flat $60 that includes
weed eating every other mowing, anything else is extra (roundup,fertilizing,etc) I also base this price using my JOHNDEERE 455 which mows 2.5 acres per hour, check the specs on your equipment to see what it mows per hour and go from there, also add extra if there are alot of trees to mow around.

I hope this helps

strickdad
12-25-2001, 10:11 AM
learn to price by the square ft. not by the hour you will be more competive that way.