PDA

View Full Version : Pillar lights 12v

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm building some knee walls with 5 pillars. Can someone direct me to a company that has 50w lantern type lights for mounting on top of a pillar/column. My customer is looking for something that isn't modern looking and goes with a tumbled stone paver. This is a new area for me. All my lighting expiernce is in the waterfeature applications.

JoeyD
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I think SPJ may have what your looking for.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I would be tempted to look at traditional line voltage post top fixtures and the use a LV lamp inside.

Look to Kichler and their Mount Vernon series in Olde Bronze finish.

Lite4
05-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Here is an SPJ 12 volt pillar light I mounted on a boulder. You will have to scroll down a bit until you see it.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=196003&highlight=post+your+weekly+project

Terradek
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
You may also want to look at Hanover Lantern..Wide selection in many styles and finishes available...for Mission style lanterns look into Arroyo Craftsman. Good Luck.

Gerry De La Vega

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
05-23-2008, 09:45 PM
You may also want to look at Hanover Lantern..Wide selection in many styles and finishes available...for Mission style lanterns look into Arroyo Craftsman. Good Luck.

Gerry De La Vega

Hanover might be the ticket as long as the price fits the customers wallet. They seem to be a quality product but the price is as well. Kichler didn't have anything they liked. Thanks for the input.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
05-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Here is an SPJ 12 volt pillar light I mounted on a boulder. You will have to scroll down a bit until you see it.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=196003&highlight=post+your+weekly+project

Tim, how tall is that light? The pillars I'm building will only be 30" tall so they want to keep the light around 9"-12" tall.

Also who is SPJ? I'm new to the lighting scene.

Lite4
05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
The ones pictured will be too tall for what you are using them for. They have quite a few to choose from. SPJ is a lighting importer. Their regular lighting stuff is mid to low grade quality. Their lamp posts are actually decent though. Here is their site if you are so inclined.
www.sjplighting.com