PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Power seeder

kenny s
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I am looking for any of you who owns, have used, or rented a power seeder and incorporate this service into your business. I live in NJ and I am looking at lawn renovators on line. Has anyone used the Lawn Solutions, "Lawn Revitilizer" yet, or the Lesco power seeder that you walk behind? I viewed the video that accompanies the Lawn Solutions site on this site and I was impressed with it, the 9 hp for comm. use. I hear the Lesco power seeder is good as well. Can anyone help me out here. I have a dealer for each one of these machines about 15 min. from me. How are the results from these machines, and do you have to prep the areas before using them?
Thank you,
Kenny S

paolaken
05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
i have the lesco and have used it many years. seeded alot of yards with it. it's hydro drive so no pushing.

unit40
05-22-2008, 08:38 PM
i have a Lesco renovator and a ryan mataway. Lesco is easier, the Ryan is a workout. Mow the lawn as close as possible beforehand. Make at least two passes, the second pass at around a 45 degree angle or less to the first. I prefer the lesco when the area is pretty bare, and the ryan for thicker turf. If the place is near devoid of anything, hydroseed or seed and then hydromulch over it is preferred.