PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Descision!!!!

KCfireman
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I will be aquiring 15 lawns next season due to a friend going off to college. He mowed all 15 lawns with a 21" push and he told me it took him about 30 to 35 minutes to mow the lawns. So i figured okay it will probably take me 20 minutes to mow. Right now my Encore 36" WB is paid off. My John Deere is half way payed off(only paying $160 a month at 1.9%.). Adding these 15 lawns would bump me up to 39 lawns. Is this a time to purchase another mower or should i just keep the same setup of what i havel. I would like to know your guy's input on this. THANKS.:)

billslawn89
05-22-2008, 09:46 PM
do you do all the work yourself? if so no need to purchase more equipment.

lawnspecialties
05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I will be aquiring 15 lawns next season due to a friend going off to college. He mowed all 15 lawns with a 21" push and he told me it took him about 30 to 35 minutes to mow the lawns. So i figured okay it will probably take me 20 minutes to mow. Right now my Encore 36" WB is paid off. My John Deere is half way payed off(only paying $160 a month at 1.9%.). Adding these 15 lawns would bump me up to 39 lawns. Is this a time to purchase another mower or should i just keep the same setup of what i havel. I would like to know your guy's input on this. THANKS.:)

Don't get a new mower for these accounts until you have them. A lot can happen between now and next season.

KCfireman
05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
thankyou for the input from both of you. Yes i do work by myself. Ive already contacted most of them and they sound like they are legit with sticking with me.

KrayzKajun
05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
if you dont need another mower, dont get one!

KCfireman
05-22-2008, 09:52 PM
well i have been thinking about ditching the encore for a 36" wright. The encore has been through the ringer. Its a 2002 and at one point it was mowing about 170 lawns a week. The tranny is really weak and it popped a motor 2 years ago. I place a 17 Kaw on it and its giving me trouble now.

billslawn89
05-22-2008, 09:58 PM
thankyou for the input from both of you. Yes i do work by myself. Ive already contacted most of them and they sound like they are legit with sticking with me.

ya..make sure you stay in contact with them during the year, because like lawnspecialties said, alot can happen by next season!

gorknoids
05-22-2008, 10:06 PM
One thing I've come to realize is that the only thing that can hold you back in this business is time. Sort of the opposite of "Time Is Money". Buy things which help you do things quickly without sacrificing. If I had to own 2 pieces of equipment today they would be a 32" Walker and a 48" Z-Master. The 5 WB's rarely see service anymore because they are slow, and can't be used for things like aerating, dethatching and spraying.
They are handy if you have to knock down overgrown areas, or might wind up in the mud.

KCfireman
05-22-2008, 10:08 PM
the only reason i like my encore is becuase their good to use on hill and the encore has to be the best damn stripping mower in the industry w/o a striper kit.

Martin Mowing
05-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Depends on what kind of lawns you have/will be acquiring, If they are nice smooth lawns that need bagged get a walker. You will be amazed how much time that would save you. If not sounds like your set up fairly well.

You work for JC Fire or KC? Took some classes at JCCC.

NINER
05-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't get a new mower for these accounts until you have them. A lot can happen between now and next season.

YEAH GREAT ADVICE KEEP IN TOUCH FOR THE NEXT 300 OR LESS DAYS WITH ALL OF THEM YES ALL AND BUMP YOUSELF UP TO A 48"WB BUT ONLY IF YOU KEEP THRE FOURTHS OF THEM WEL MAY BE MAKE THAT DECISION LATER YOU MAY HAVE A GOOD YEAR THIS YEAR. IF THEY ARE POPSTAGE STAMP TYPE LAWNS YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOME OF THEIR NEIGHBORS WITH YOURE EXTRA TIME YOU WILL SAVE. GO GET THEM GOOD LUCK.