PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Mowers New 27hp Kohler 60" ZT $4995!!

retrodog
05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Bad Boy Mowers on their starting line up with the ZT series mower is now offering the 27hp Kohler Courage on their smallest unit! You can get the 36" 50" or the 60" with a 7 guage deck and a 2800 transaxle for $4495 to $4995!! Paired with 0% for 2 years, 2.9% for 3, or 6.9% for 5 you can own the 60" for less than $100 a month with $0 down!! I do agree that if you are a hard core full time LCO, you might want to step up to one of the bigger series mowers like the Pup, Lightning, or AOS, but for part timers, and guys with smaller budgets this thing is awesome! www.badboymowers.com Any questions just ask, I love these machines!!
We cut the size down, but we didn’t cut corners getting there. Built to the same exact standards as our larger mowers—especially our industry-leading 1/2˝ steel front forks, 2˝ x 2˝ tubular steel framing and 7-gauge solid steel deck—the ZT can tackle virtually any lawn you can throw at it. There’s even a gate-entering 36˝ wide cutting deck version for the smallest of residential lawns. With new auto-neutral handles and featuring electric deck height and electric blade start, it’s a commercial quality mower wrapped in fun.

dura to the max
05-23-2008, 12:27 AM
retrodog, tsc in my area has a 60" pup w/ 50hrs on it for $3500 w/ a 12 month warranty. good deal or not?

retrodog
05-23-2008, 12:36 AM
retrodog, tsc in my area has a 60" pup w/ 50hrs on it for $3500 w/ a 12 month warranty. good deal or not?

Yeah, that is a pretty good deal, you are saving nearly $1500, and getting a mower that is still being broke in. I would have them change the oil and filter, and also change the hydro filters and hydro oil too. BB recommends that at 50 hours the first time, motor oil, hydro oil, and the filters are $19.99 each. If they would do that, I would tell you to go for it! You won't have to worry about the oil till every 100 hours, and the hydros until 250 after that. I am a lowballer at these box stores though, I know they will negotiate a little. We got a new Toro timecutter at Home Depot last year for my G-parents, it was marked on sale for $2499, I got the manager and showed him where the paint was faded, and thescratches on it, and said we would load it up for $1800 even.......few minutes later we were putting in the truck!!!!lol. Do you know why they had it? My guess would be the Briggs might have locked up, they gave the customer a new machine, then put a brand new engine on that one. That is a very common problem in the 26hp ELS, and would be a good thing for you. That is why BB just swapped to the 27hp Kohler, even though its a Briggs problem, just makes the company look bad when it happens. Its a shame too, the ELS is surprisingly one of the easiest engines I have to start, one of the smoothest, and feels like it has really good power!! We just delivered a 36" with a 26hp Briggs Saturday, and that thing was ridiculous!! It sounded like it was going to take off when we engaged the blades and started mowing his yard!! The most ridiculous I have as far as power ratio's go is the 35hp 4 cylinder Cat diesel with a 60" deck!! These things are sick! there is a few videos on you tude of people mowing brush thickets with em'....no way would I treat my $12000 mower like that!

MJB
05-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that is a pretty good deal, you are saving nearly $1500, and getting a mower that is still being broke in. I would have them change the oil and filter, and also change the hydro filters and hydro oil too. BB recommends that at 50 hours the first time, motor oil, hydro oil, and the filters are $19.99 each. If they would do that, I would tell you to go for it! You won't have to worry about the oil till every 100 hours, and the hydros until 250 after that. I am a lowballer at these box stores though, I know they will negotiate a little. We got a new Toro timecutter at Home Depot last year for my G-parents, it was marked on sale for $2499, I got the manager and showed him where the paint was faded, and thescratches on it, and said we would load it up for $1800 even.......few minutes later we were putting in the truck!!!!lol. Do you know why they had it? My guess would be the Briggs might have locked up, they gave the customer a new machine, then put a brand new engine on that one. That is a very common problem in the 26hp ELS, and would be a good thing for you. That is why BB just swapped to the 27hp Kohler, even though its a Briggs problem, just makes the company look bad when it happens. Its a shame too, the ELS is surprisingly one of the easiest engines I have to start, one of the smoothest, and feels like it has really good power!! We just delivered a 36" with a 26hp Briggs Saturday, and that thing was ridiculous!! It sounded like it was going to take off when we engaged the blades and started mowing his yard!! The most ridiculous I have as far as power ratio's go is the 35hp 4 cylinder Cat diesel with a 60" deck!! These things are sick! there is a few videos on you tude of people mowing brush thickets with em'....no way would I treat my $12000 mower like that!

Hey I was watching the Willy Nelson video and they were poping wheelies with the Bad Boy mowers, especially Woody Harrilson. Do all the commercial BB's do that if you dump the sticks like he did?

Happy Frog
05-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Wheelies are for dummies...
But yes, mine will raise both front wheels if I push the levers full forward from a stop. :weightlifter:

retrodog
05-23-2008, 02:58 AM
Wheelies are for dummies...
But yes, mine will raise both front wheels if I push the levers full forward from a stop. :weightlifter:

I think all zt mowers will do that, I was on a 30" Dixon the other day, and thought I would take off fast, I thought that little thing was going to flip over on top of me!! Did look pretty cool though as long as you didn't see the look on my face!

MJB
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Thats got to be hard on the pump and motors, it's not something I would ever do on my machines, I don't even think mine will do it. I also noticed how they were always spinning tires excessively when turning, BB must have a very aggressive pump and w motor combination, that and the guys running them are just having fun playing. They could tear up a lot of grass if not careful.