PDA

View Full Version : Tool belt or carry stuff?

David Gretzmier
05-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Although not at the level of the geek, I started using a "half" tool belt pouch 3 jobs back. I love having about 100 connectors, pvc cutters, auto strippers, wire cutters, and 4-in-one screwdriver RIGHT THERE. after carrying an open fabric tool box thing, and constantly losing/leaving things laying around, I have become quite the gunslinger when doing a fixture and trans.

Today on a job I did 4 transformers, more than a few hubs and 28 fixtures or so, and absolutely could not have done it the old way.

I bought mine at lowes, 10 bucks or so, fabric, it has room for about 3 tools or so, and a big pouch for my connectors. it just goes on my belt on the right and has not been a problem on my knees, sitting, standing, crouching or bending.

what's everybody else doing?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00948385000P?vName=Tools&cName=Hand+Tools%2C+Carpentry&sName=Tool+Aprons%2C+Pouches+%26+Accessories

Try this out. I love mine. Very versatile, easily configurable, and you can drop the pouches off the belt in a second flat.

David Gretzmier
05-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Sweet. and hey, adjusts up to a 54 inch belt size. That should keep me for a while. I like the idea of having one pouch you can add with drill, concrete/wood screws for transformers. one pouch with wood screws and long drill bits for deck lights. and of course one for your standard up lights/paths.

I can see this belt making my the 70 bucks it cost in a day's time of NOT digging in the "bag" for the stuff I need for whatever task I am on at the moment. I tend to do all the connections and trans and have my guys do the assembly, trenching, laying wire and fill in.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I have suspenders on mine... it gets a bit heavy what with a 18V cordless drill, and a couple of Brass Treelights, stapler, lags, hand tools, etc etc.

Lite4
05-23-2008, 02:37 AM
I have standard electricians bags with suspenders for the very reason James stated. It does get very heavy. It is a bit bulky, but it is nice to have everything there within reach. I think I am going to have to get a Geek vest for demos though. The big bags get cumbersome for that.