PDA

View Full Version : Egads, ANOTHER postcard thread?

David Gretzmier
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
OK, So we've hashed and rehashed this, and I am going to drop 1000 bucks each month for the next 3 months. I know I obviously want jobs, so let's discuss what works. I sent out some cards last year for Christmas lights and got a good response, and I send out "we're lighting up your neighborhood" in small quantities when we do a job in a certain subdivision. and I am open for suggestions. I am having a professional photographer take 4 of my houses next week, enhance the sky/roofline and make them as beautiful as they can be.

Does size matter? I usually send out the jumbo's ( 8.5 x 5.5 ) from quantumdigital, But I am open to some MEGA ( 8.8x 11 ) and some standard ( 3.5 x 5.5)

What catch phrase works best on the front, and what works on the back? Of course I can do it myself, but I'd like to hear success stories and also failure stories.

demographics/streets? ! home value or income, or both? how much? married?

do you Print elsewhere,then send to bulk mail folks, or print &mail all in one? who does it the cheapest/best?

I'm going to pick the top three catch phrases from here and put one on each of the 3 month mailers. I'll also word out the back here with suggestions from you guys, and maybe even figure out how to post pictures so everyone can be involved in the process. I'll also keep up with # of card sent, calls generated, bids done and #of jobs closed and dollar amount closed.

This is gonna be the David Gretzmier/Brite Ideas 2008 postcard thread.

Fire away !

Lite4
05-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I borrowed/stole, Tommy the Geeks phrase written on his truck. I wrote on my cards, "Specializing in the fine art of architectural and landscape illumination." I think this is brilliant because it says everything we do in one phrase. I try to keep all my print media very simple and clean. A picture says a thousand words you know.

The Lighting Geek
05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
It has been my experience, simple, elegant, beautiful photo works best. The important thing the list. Scrubbing a list is an art and not everyone's list is created equal. So far, RSVP has been consistent for me and it is nationwide for the most part. More importantly you should know specifically who your target demographic is. Mine is women 35-55, married, owns the home, combined income of 250K annually. That is who I am after, but the list may reflect other distinguishers to narrow it down even more. Think about lists of designers, architects, interior designers, pool builders, and other parallel trades who might refer you. I get the most long term results with this group but the ramping up of leads are slower. Your message needs to be consistent. the same message should be on your trucks, signs, shirts, and ANY marketing material you use. Even your business card.

David Gretzmier
05-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Ok, I like the phrase, and I'll check on RSVP on the web. Keep it coming guys !