PDA

View Full Version : Who's working Monday

slawn
05-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I was suppose to, I told a customer I would put down 2 pallets of sod. I forgot it was a holiday :usflag: until I called the sod farm, they will be closed. Guess I'll take the day off and maybe get some things done around the farm.

lawnspecialties
05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
All day long:)

Sweet Tater
05-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Not me:usflag:

jaybird24
05-23-2008, 07:42 PM
You bet. Sat., Sun., Mon., Tue. I'm taking a 4 day weekend in 2 weeks, so I can't lose any time now.

C4chris70
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
We will be working!

KrayzKajun
05-23-2008, 08:00 PM
i wont!!!!!!!

Charles
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I will work half the day. Just no way out of it this year:cry:

mattfromNY
05-23-2008, 08:51 PM
We've had 3 days of rain, This morning I was 32 lawns behind. I've got 9 left to finish for this week, then its supposed to Thunder showers on Tuesday. If I dont get my commercial stuff mowed on Monday, It'll have to wait 'till Wednesday. guess I'll be working Monday.

Charles
05-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Mine will be a commercial property. I won't do residential on Memorial Day or July 4th

qualitylawnlc
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I'll be out for sure. When the blades aren't turning, the bills are still coming.:hammerhead:

Ooomwizard
05-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Partner has to move to his new house at the end of the month. He's got to be caught up the first part of the week to move all his cr@p at the end of the week.

He's working full route Monday. Weewaaaa, there will be many more weekends.

However, I'm on the lake all weekend.

redmax fan
05-23-2008, 10:09 PM
we always work it . a nice thing about it is having the roads to ourselves because everyone else is home kicking back on the off day . but if people are out in yard or have guest over we skip that account .

our company philosophy is the winters our time to work less and enjoy holidays , for the other 3 seasons its time to go all out .

Carolina Cuts
05-23-2008, 10:31 PM
18 holes for me.... need to step up my game.

Matts lawn care
05-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I will second that. I still need to dust off the clubs.

MileHigh
05-23-2008, 10:44 PM
I have 3 quotes, 2 initial mows and a date with a 12 pack. I'll probably have to work on Saturday though.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Last time I checked grass did'nt take a holiday and neither will I. When there's money to be made I'm making it.

landscaper22
05-23-2008, 10:50 PM
My employee asked me today if we were working on Monday. :laugh:
It is just like any other Monday for us. I may try to put off some work and make it an early day. Unless it is Christmas or Thanksgiving, I work. It's a good thing those days fall during the slow season.

Jason Rose
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Will work all day Saturday, the usual scheduled lawns for that day, plus fertilizing (if the wind isn't blowing too hard), then fertilizing again for sunday, probably 1/2 day. Monday is a normal work day for me. No way to put off a whole day of mowing and combine it with the next day... 8 hours, plus 10 hours of mowing, yeah I'm not doing that! Hopefully will have help on monday though so I can be finished a little earlier than usual.

wiselawns
05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Will probably do a few lawns that one of the local realty company has me take care of. Nobody is in them. If the neighbors are out grilling I will probably skip it. I really need to spend some time with the wife and kids. Been working 12-14 hour days 7 days a week since the season started.

STIHL GUY
05-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Im in the marching band for my school so that takes up a good part of my day but i will probally keep the equipment off and just spread mulch for the day

KS_Grasscutter
05-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Hopefully will have help on monday though so I can be finished a little earlier than usual.

Not a problem:waving: As long as ur monday lawns don't get hit by a tornado tonight:laugh:

jrush
05-24-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't want to haul everything around and let's say Mon has 9 schedualed mowings...I do 7 and the other 2 are having babeques or family over..now I gotta go back out of my way for those accounts the next day? Negative. I'll be fishing with my daughter and then cap the night off with a 6 pack and some steak. My wife can have a salad. :)

NINER
05-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Will probably do a few lawns that one of the local realty company has me take care of. Nobody is in them. If the neighbors are out grilling I will probably skip it. I really need to spend some time with the wife and kids. Been working 12-14 hour days 7 days a week since the season started.

YEP THATS US I WILL GIVE THE CREWS THEIR MODAY ROUTE SHEETS ON SAT. AND ASK TELL THEM I WILL SEE YOU TUESDAY.

milo
05-24-2008, 01:03 AM
i will work

DLCS
05-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I will be working Monday as long as it doesn't rain but I got a sneaky feeling it will be. Will be working tomorrow(Sat) due to rain most of the day today.

M & MD Lawn
05-24-2008, 01:07 AM
I will unfortunately

S.A.L.
05-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Absolutely NOT.
I respect those whom have sacrificed for our country by paying the ultimate price.
To show my deepest appreciation to their loved ones they've left behind I observe Memorial day by not working, as it was intended by American leadership when it was declared a national holiday in rememberance of those killed.

I've never had any clients complain about a "day-late" cut do to the holiday.
But if a client were to complain I'd kindly explain that their property will be my sacrifice if they felt they couldn't comply with the country's observance.

A lot of you need to learn better time management.
I'm sure your kids will appreciate the extra time you get to spend with them.
Some of you make me sad because of the neglect you show your families.

DLCS
05-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Absolutely NOT.
I respect those whom have sacrificed for our country by paying the ultimate price.
To show my deepest appreciation to their loved ones they've left behind I observe Memorial day by not working, as it was intended by American leadership when it was declared a national holiday in rememberance of those killed.

But if a client were to complain I'd kindly explain that their property will be my sacrifice if they felt they couldn't comply with the country's observance.

Hey if you want to work that fine but some of us don't have that luxery. We have rain in the forcast for most of the week, tell me what I should do?

ProStreetCamaro
05-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Absolutely NOT.

Thats funny. Better time management? They are calling for rain here tuesday, wednesday and possibly thursday.

Yup we will do our full day of monday lawns on monday.

S.A.L.
05-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Rain?
I live in New Orleans. It rains 3 or 4 days a week spring through fall.
You learn to work around it. It's not raining in every area at the same time.
I drove through bumper deep water Thursday on Severn Avenue (for a local reference).
Got some lunch for an hour; came back out and the rain had stopped and the street was clear. Back to cutting. I've got a real-time Doppler Radar link on my Smart phone. That is handy too.

mag360
05-25-2008, 12:22 PM
My employee asked me today if we were working on Monday. :laugh:
It is just like any other Monday for us. I may try to put off some work and make it an early day. Unless it is Christmas or Thanksgiving, I work. It's a good thing those days fall during the slow season.

My mowing foreman is the only one who assumes he gets the day off---He is the only one I really needed.:hammerhead:

Exact Rototilling
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Absolutely NOT.

Some of you make me sad because of the neglect you show your families.I've been on a complete and total dead run nearly every day over 11+ hours a day often back after dark, yes even most Sundays except for the last 2, since late April trying to keep up with demand for all my services. My webmasters lawn might get his lawn cut on Monday but that is it. If that.

The last 6 weeks has been a complete blur. Need to pull some more maintenance on my equipment etc. Trucks etc.

Wife and son left me for the weekend to see family - just me and the dogs. Might take the Kayak out on the lake - I'm just 120 yards from the shore. I think I will drink all the remaining premium beer I bought my wife for mother's day. :laugh: :drinkup:

Might take the neglected motorcycle out for ride for a change of pace. Not necessarily in that order. :hammerhead:

I totally understand the "cut hay when the sun shines" but we need to take some time off to charge ones batteries.

Thanks to all those who made the supreme sacrifice in service to our country - Semper Fi!

:usflag:*newusflag*:clapping:

k911lowe
05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Absolutely NOT.

well said.ditto for me.i wonder if fla beachfront,5000 ft above sea level is off.

Ford2000
05-25-2008, 05:14 PM
We should but,have to keep the wife happy.I'll be doing crap around the house like weeding,mulching,open pool so i don't have to feel guilty when i'm not home

DBL
05-25-2008, 05:51 PM
all my crews are going out

JB1
05-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Heck no I aint working no holiday, I don't really like working any other day either.

deadheadbill
05-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Not me. :dancing:

Gene $immons
05-25-2008, 05:59 PM
We will work, we have no choice..and we have good time management.

rodfather
05-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Last time I checked grass did'nt take a holiday and neither will I. When there's money to be made I'm making it.

same here...2 weeks ago 9 of us did 600 acres in 3 very long days due to a washout on monday and then another one on friday. i have no intentions of repeating that exercise.

ProStreetCamaro
05-25-2008, 08:38 PM
same here...2 weeks ago 9 of us did 600 acres in 3 very long days due to a washout on monday and then another one on friday. i have no intentions of repeating that exercise.

Same here for the most part. All these guys that say "NO WAY" makes me wonder just how many lawns they actually take care of. If we only did 40 to 50 then sure I wouldnt work tomorrow either but they are calling for rain tuesday so we are going out tomorrow to get a good day in.

RedMax Man
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I won't be working out in the field. Just catch up on paper work, equipment maintenance and work on a contract for a commercial property.

jpp
05-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Same here for the most part. All these guys that say "NO WAY" makes me wonder just how many lawns they actually take care of. If we only did 40 to 50 then sure I wouldnt work tomorrow either but they are calling for rain tuesday so we are going out tomorrow to get a good day in.

I will be out there too. Most of Monday's routes is rental properties and apartment units. I will do the homes first thing in the am just in case some of them have an event going on.

I heard the same forecast for here too.

JP

J&J Customs
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
mowing one then thinking about playing 9 holes

macguy
05-25-2008, 09:21 PM
*raises hand*

Probably just half day and nothing but commercial mowing.

metro36
05-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Not me. I did some work and equip. maintenance yesterday and I mowed the family properties today. Tomorrow I might cut my lawn and I will be on the lake in my kayak.

bigclawn
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
13 hrs Saturday 13 hours today and most certainly another 13 on Monday--it's a way of life around here--we enjoy the winters off--don't need to be settin' around on a good mowing day!

Military Lawns
05-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Not me...! Going Surf Fishing at Playalinda Beach on Titusville, FL. Maybe catch some Black Drum or Red Fish and deep fry later on!

DJ-

lostmdboy
05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
At home. Does that count??

humble1
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
not me taking it off, when i was alot younger i unloaded at a customers house, he came out and said it was Memorial day. I said just another work day for me, his reply was that he was a WW2 vet and was very offended and that I was not going to be working at his home, so i left, i appoligized first. The next year I lost the contract, I never want to run the risk of offending and losing a customer over one day.

J&J Customs
05-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Not me...! Going Surf Fishing at Playalinda Beach on Titusville, FL. Maybe catch some Black Drum or Red Fish and deep fry later on!

DJ-

haha heck yeah im headed down to fort walton in like 3 weeks visit the fam and catch some red fish so save some but you can keep the drum.. little to boney for me

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Make sure to fly your Stars and Stripes everyone:usflag:
Have a great Memorial Day.

Grass Happens
05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
No mowing. Was going to do some bed prep for a mulch job, but it looks like mother nature is going to give me the day off. Probably just sharpen some blades and catch up paper work and cleaning up the apartment.

ProStreetCamaro
05-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I am changing my clothes now and heading out!

Sydenstricker Landscaping
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I was going to, but rolling out of bed with some nice thunder rolling and pouring rain........probably not, lol. Just sit home and be bored now:cry:

Rhett
05-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Working till 11am then going to ceromony. After that is over going back to work.

HBLandscaping
05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Im not going out to work (no jobs), there are a few close (few blocks) to my house that Im going to go by and look over some yards where we have up jobs coming up. Other then that, Im going to do some maint. on the mowers, clean-up the truck and just catch up on some stuff and enjoy the day.

Bennett scape
05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
i will work anytime as long as i have some business. Holidays, Christmas, Easter whatever they are just another day for me.

Turf Commando
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
% ing) people off by running power equipment on Memorial day, isn't the image I want to portray....

ProStreetCamaro
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Got back at 12 with 15 residentials done. Now when it rain tomorrow we wont be to far behind. Got to talk to a few of our customers that we dont normaly see. Everybody seemed to be happy we were there and a neighbor came out and we picked up there lawn.

So yeah it was a good day.

Jason Rose
05-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I just got done with my normal monday route too. Actually had help today and was able to get done by 12:45 instead of the usual 4:30 or so. (mondays are light compared to the rest of the week). Of course now I have to mow two of my neghibors lawns that are getting pretty out of hand, lol.