PDA

View Full Version : Caught In The Act!

grassguy_
05-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I keep a majority of lawn equipment inside my fenced in side yard of my home. About a month ago i was woke up by my dog that just gave a few barks at about 1 AM, he usually never makes a fuss about anything unless there is reason too. I thot for safe measure i would check to see what he had barked about, so have an entrance into the garage that goes a backdoor near the fence. I walked into the garage(dark) and listened and heard a few guys trying to scale the fence to get inside. In the meantime, since i knew they were getting inside i went back into the house and got my shotgun and then came back out to the garage which opens to the front of the house but not noticeable to the area of the fence where they were climbing over. I had a flashlight(off at the time) and came around the side of the fence in pitch dark, and the three teens were there trying to still scale the fence, one was inside already(duh). I proceeded to walk up slowly until i was within 10 feet and then hit the light on them. Well, i then told them dont even think of trying to run or it wont be good. I told them to come around to the garage and sit on the floor until the sherrif deputies got there. They were all bascially ready to dump in their dungarees, and after they sat there for about 20 minutes begging and pleading how sorry they were for what they were doing, as i hadnt really called the sherriff yet anyways but they didn't know, I told them don't ever try it again. I know my son knows them as well and he said they know better now not to even try doing any stunts like that again. I know we were all kids at one time, and hopefully they learned their lesson there, and hopefully scared them enough to stay from doing some stupid stunts.

Jason Pallas
05-24-2008, 08:54 AM
good for you - glad you caught them in the act

Military Lawns
05-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Well when you have a shotgun people listen. Hopefully, they do not take this up as a career as they seem to be bumbling idiots. However, I am glad that you did not have to light off both barrels.

DJ-

STIHL GUY
05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
i would have liked to see the looks on thier faces

olyman
05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
they wont do it again--think again--lot of kids think they got away with something, and will be back at it again--has happened around this area---

KrayzKajun
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I still would have called the police. After i scared the crap out of them

KevinACrider
05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I still would have called the police. After i scared the crap out of them

Ditto. I would have probably fired a round into the ground also just to see the reactions.

k911lowe
05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
you did the right thing.dogs rule.

Supper Grassy
05-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Wow, they had to be suprised wehn you came up on them

vaham
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Ditto. I would have probably fired a round into the ground also just to see the reactions.

That is a good way to give up the "victim" position, and go directly to jail.:hammerhead:

Never, ever, ever, ever fire a "warning shot" :nono::nono:

If you are in fear for your life or that of your loved ones, neutralize the threat by any means possible (shoot the little BaT turds).

A prosecuting attorney will have a field day with a "warning shot" and you could wind up forking down lumpy mashed potatoes in the house of many doors...

DoetschOutdoor
05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
You've got a real crappy attorney if 3 men are breaking into your house at night and you fire a measly warning shot into the ground and get any more than a warning for shooting in city limits...

Toy2
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Alot of people need to grow a set, if you pull a gun on someone you need the set to pull the trigger, do you really think they learned a lesson from you? Doubt it!

I'm sure you will start to see little things happen to your stuff, broken windows, slashed tires, who knows.

You were better off shooting a few rounds when you first came out, no face to face.....they would have crapped all the way home, never to return....

Try doing something like that here (Texas)and see what happens!

Good luck to you!!

MarksTLC
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
No, no warning shots. I don't care how much money you have. You're opening pandoras box with a warning shot.

I've got lots better things to do with my hard earned cash than pay a lawyer to get me out of hot water, because I wanted to see the look on their face when I fired off a warning shot.. In the side yard - not in the house.

Defend myself, my loved ones. heck yeah. Not picked up cause some kids parents want me charged with whatever, cause I tried to kill their kid (who was lost or trying to get back his/her basketball, or find their lost doggy). No look is worth that crap!!!

Just my $.02

DoetschOutdoor
05-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Yea....the 3 teenagers were looking for their missing puppy inside this guys garage in the wee hours of the morning:hammerhead: Do you have a brain?

A very protective(or viscous) dog would have been good too. If you knew they had no weapons, just release the dog into the garage and close the door. Getting mauled would definately teach them a lesson. I probably would have got their attention with the gun and then slammed a baseball bat into their kneecaps. Nothing worse than a thief and by not getting them arrested or getting their faces beat in, I GUARANTEE you they did not learn their lesson/have stolen again.

Toy2
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Split second move I guess, kids in this day and age have no respect. I was involved in a shooting in 97 with a suspected gang member, he was trying to assault my wife......shot hit him in the leg as the fence crashed down on me, he would have been killed if It didn't fall....long story short, local law enforcement and my lawyer told us we needed to get out of town ASAP because of his gang ties....13 years of stuff packed up and moved away in 24 hours......then the guy tried to sue our homeowners insurance......didn't get a thing...rented the house and finally sold it.....lawyer cost me 5k and of course all charges were dropped....bummer I had to wait 3 years to get my Glock back, but I flew back and picked it up from police property....crazy..would I do it again?

Damn right I would!! Be safe!!

MileHigh
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
You should have called the cops.

All you did was just teach them that next time the try to steal something and get caught that they'll most likely be able to weasel out of it somehow. Bad example.

MowHouston
05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
You should have turned them in.

You didnt teach them a lesson. Hell, jail probably wouldn't teach them a lesson. Might as well gotten them used to the life their gonna have. In and out of jail, stealing **** just to see if they can get away with this this time.

Puller504
05-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Be careful with a firearm! In Ohio, if you order someone to physically move at gunpoint you are guilty of kidnapping. I've seen it happen! And, since you did NOT call law enforcement, they WILL be back. Possibly armed next time. Don

AI Inc
05-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Be careful with a firearm! In Ohio, if you order someone to physically move at gunpoint you are guilty of kidnapping. I've seen it happen! And, since you did NOT call law enforcement, they WILL be back. Possibly armed next time. Don

Next time in the daytime while your working. To steal your guns!

Grasshog
05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I think I would of called the police.. Maybe not filed charges, but at least let them catch a ride home in the Police car.. Their parents should know what they was up to... I agree with K9. Dogs rule..