PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Nav 27 hp Walker Diesel

GrasMstr
05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I have read almost every post on Walker vs Navigator.
I have a 48" 27 hp Nav I have been trying ouy for 2 weeks (dealer loaner, great guy). I feel very comfortable on the machine.
I have tried out the walker 25 hp, like it, just not as much.:confused:

My question is, does anyone have any comparables for fuel economy on the Nav vs the Walker Diesel? I have 3 diesel ZTRs and use dyed diesel for cost.
I like the Navigator alot but the Walker Diesel appeals to me financially (operating expense) and conveniece (all diesel equipment).

So far my experience is that the Navigator is a hog on fuel. Around .8 -1 gallon per hour.

GrasMstr
05-26-2008, 01:21 AM
With all the other Navigator and Walker post activity, I thought someone would have info or opinions on this subject.
I could use it, I need to make a decision by Tuesday.:canadaflag:

gravedigger5
05-26-2008, 06:08 AM
I have a walker diesel. Got it from my dad when he past away last year. I don't use it alot but do not hardly ever put fuel in this thing. Seems like everytime I check it, it has 3/4 tank or more. The walker is a good machine and the diesel never lacks power for the 48" deck, but I have never used a Navigator. Sorry I don't have more info. Does not seem like many people out there have Diesel walkers. Don't know if that is a bad sign or they are just a rare machine combination. But I have never heard anything bad about them.

GrasMstr
05-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks GD5. I do know of one LCO about an hour from here that uses about 12 Walker Diesels. He won't use anything else. I think I'll check with him on fuel consumption.
That is the same 21 hp engine that Kubota puts in their ZTRs with a 60" deck.
I believe that it should have lots of power as you said.
Sorry to hear, its a nice machine, not a nice way to get one.