PDA

View Full Version : Hustler super z questions

cucv
05-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I contract fro the city i live to mow abandoned yards or just yards people want mow they pay very well usually about 90 dollars a yard and i only have to cut it a 5" not perfect i built a yazoo to do this i put a 27 briggs comercial on it and only using a 48" deck weight on the front and aggresive tires with slime, i am picking up more work in my area because i do them well and fast plus i am fully insured up to 2 mil my question is does anybody use a hustler super z 30 kohler 60" deck for something like this it's 20-30" grass or does anybody do this with another mower that can say it works well.
my dealer says that it will no prob so i was going to set up a demo.
before i left and went on my on the company i worked for used a fleet of hustlers mine was a super z 27 kohler 66" deck so i am aware of how they perform in regular cutting situations but i will duel purpose this machine and suggestions
Ground Control Property managment Inc
hustler 260k
hustler 251k
yazookees 48" ztmax
and all husqvarna for my hand tools

lawnspecialties
05-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Why not get a rear-discharge SuperZ? Less liability and easier cutting the thick stuff. For what you're cutting and not being concerned about a perfectly manicured cut, rear-discharge sounds perfect for you.

cucv
05-25-2008, 11:10 AM
That makes alot of sense but i will lose the capability of using a bac pac, if i had a rear discharge it would cut better because the grass is getting caught under my deck because the grass is so thick it won't push it out the side that not been cut! but if i cut one way to where the grass has already been cut it would work better!

lawnspecialties
05-25-2008, 06:03 PM
In super thick stuff, the grass is also discharged much quicker with a rear discharge. You don't have clippings having to travel through three blades to get out from underneath the deck. But you also don't have finely shredded clippings as well but that sounds like it's not such a big issue for what you're doing.

cucv
05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I just want to be able to use on fine yards and have bagging capability! any other mower suggestions

Happy Frog
05-28-2008, 02:13 AM
I just want to be able to use on fine yards and have bagging capability! any other mower suggestions

Check the Bad Boy mowers web site and go demo a Lightning or AOS model.
This will give you a good starting point for comparison.

johnnybravo8802
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Personally, I wouldn't use an expensive machine in yards like that. People throw all kinds of things on the ground and you can tear up something real quick in tall grass. I'd us a DR field and brush mower with a 30" cut-less than $3000. They are basically walk-behind bushhogs and they do a good job in really tall stuff-I've used them and you can rent one to try it out.

puppypaws
05-28-2008, 10:38 PM

I will say this without hesitation because I have experienced it personally.
I have cut 30"+ (measured not guessed) thick grass with a 32 hp Vanguard on a Bad Boy Lightening and it never dropped the engine rpm's more than 200.
I was absolutely amazed a zero turn mower could cut through that much grass without killing the engine down.

The thing about the Bad Boy is it will be a couple thousand dollars cheaper than anything comparable. I actually though about buying one just for rough cutting. You honestly can't believe what the Lightening is capable of with the 32 Vanguard, the 31 Kawasaki may be as strong but I doubt it.