PDA

View Full Version : oil im running now

milo
05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
cause of gas prices i switched to synthetic and now run 0w 20. now less drag and saving a little more on gas.

jkilov
05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
The low flow-ressistance of synthetic oil won't save you any gas in your truck. Unless it reduces friction. Got any figures to go on? And how fast does the truck burn it?

I use mineral oil in the truck, synthetic in the ZTR, once again mineral in the splash lubricated 21" WB and synthetic again in the 2-strokes. I almost lost track when typing.:laugh:

milo
05-24-2008, 10:40 PM
lighter oil's have less drag from any splasing from the crankcase causing less force to turn crank.
beat water with a blender then try it with cooking oil. blender spins easier in the water cause less thick not because oil is more thick. thats why it helps gas mileage

bohiaa
05-24-2008, 10:43 PM
it's because of tolarances.....

even seen an engine built with specs of 1/1000 of an inch....?

in older engines with lower tolatances it will only cause oil leaks... nothing else.

tamadrummer
05-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Until I can afford to buy my oil in cases and go to Amsoil, I am running Royal Purple 10w30 in everything. Both vehicles and both mowers and Napa Gold oil filters all around as well.

I don't know if I am seeing any better fuel milage yet but this is the first round for everything to be on fully synthetic. I think after several oil changes I will see the difference.