PDA

View Full Version : Getting more out of LawnSite

GroundKprs
12-21-2001, 08:51 AM
We all have read a number of posts here with great information, whether we've been here for 2 days or 2 years. When you find a really good posting on some topic of interest to you, it's easy to bookmark that thread. But what if the thread is 30 replys long, and the post you want is #17? When you go back there you will have to go thru the whole thread until you get to what you want, if you even remember which post it is.

Of course you could print it out, or copy and paste into a text program and save it on your computer. But then you would lose the other input in that thread.

Here's a trick. Each post on LawnSite has an ID#. You might see it in the intermediate window when you post to a thread. If you have the right URL, you can go right to that post. Try this link, then come back here: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=63400#post63400

Thank you, Cullen. Notice how you get the whole thread, but you go right to the post you want. Just copy the URL given here, and you have the general format for saving individual posts.

But you need the post ID#, and that is not displayed. To find that, try to edit the post you're interested in. If it is your post, the post ID# will be in your browser's location window. If it is not your post, you will not be allowed to edit, but the post ID# will again be displayed in the browser's location window. I just copy the ID# and paste into the format above, then save the bookmark with my own title, so I can easily refer to it in the future.

Been saving up a lot lately. My "FL posts" folder is almost ready for me to open up a FL division of my business.

GroundKprs
12-21-2001, 09:10 AM
Here is the URL format just typed out:

xxx.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=ID#postID

Where you actually enter www for xxx, and ID= the post ID#

LAWNGODFATHER
12-23-2001, 04:52 AM
Thanks for bringing that up Jim.

I do similer to that.

Here is my post ID#

http://lawnsite.vbulletinhosting.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=207489#post207489

Atlantic Lawn
12-23-2001, 08:02 AM
Thanks Jim, I probaly would have figured that out after a few years. Thanks for savin' me and a couple other guys all that time.....Happy Holidays