PDA

View Full Version : Controllers

Waterit
05-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone seen or used any of these yet? Rainbird's newest entry.

109773 http://www.rainbird.com/landscape/products/controllers/STPi.htm

The Rainbird STPi - 4, 6, 0r 9 zones - programmed per zone, per day - no more A/B programs. Says it will handle a master valve, but only .65A output:confused:

Looks like warranty calls to me...

Dirty Water
05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Looks like a homeowner line to me.

Much like these bad boys:

http://images.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0083359-zoom.jpg

Waterit
05-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Was shown this by the regional rep - it's residential/light commercial for us professionals.

I for one will not be installing any - reminds me of the E-3 thay had a few years back.

AI Inc
05-25-2008, 08:25 AM
I saw it in a trade rag last week. Reminds me too much of a Toro greenskeeper.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-25-2008, 08:53 AM
looks kinda cheap

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-25-2008, 09:09 AM
It represents a step back for RB. DW will you retire your liberal quotes? I can find an equal number that reflect the damage caused by whiney azz liberals.

advancedlawnsolutions
05-25-2008, 09:42 AM
It represents a step back for RB. DW will you retire your liberal quotes? I can find an equal number that reflect the damage caused by whiney azz liberals.

I you have question that there is a God then how would you know who his messenger would be. Stop looking at the hairstyle & listen to the message, it might do you some good.

AI Inc
05-25-2008, 09:49 AM
I you have question that there is a God then how would you know who his messenger would be. Stop looking at the hairstyle & listen to the message, it might do you some good.

ahhh what????

Wet_Boots
05-25-2008, 09:55 AM
What the fark? Are we being preached at here?

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-25-2008, 09:57 AM
lets get back to sprinklers guys.

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-25-2008, 09:58 AM
What the fark? Are we being preached at here?

I blame DW for this. His liberal rabble rousing has spilled into our gentle fun loving forum. He's already changed his signature three times in 30 minutes. That is an illness in my book.

AI Inc
05-25-2008, 09:58 AM
I thought there was seperation of church and irrigation?

bobw
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
I thought there was seperation of church and irrigation?

Unless you're a Baptist... I understand they're big on water...

But...back to the point... I'm intrigued by the controller; it couldn't be any worse than the POS Ec series; although my understanding is that we will lose the ESP series as well, which I didn't mind.

Wet_Boots
05-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I blame DW for this. His liberal rabble rousing has spilled into our gentle fun loving forum. He's already changed his signature three times in 30 minutes. That is an illness in my book.At least I don't have to change my signature until the next Superbowl :)I thought there was seperation of church and irrigation?Tell that to Dallas Specialties, and their valve boxes with 'the fish' on the cover.

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Back to the topic. I've always felt that controller makers start at the fuse and then build out. The smaller the fuse the cheaper the timer. RB must think the growth in irrigation is in making crapola for builders and homeowners.

Wet_Boots
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I've seen decades of Rainbird retail crapola. I bet they might even still be making those cheapo brass popup heads.

Hunter seems to be keeping themselves off the retail shelves to some degree. *cough*OrbitRotor*cough*

Kiril
05-25-2008, 10:28 AM
The Rainbird STPi - 4, 6, 0r 9 zones - programmed per zone, per day - no more A/B programs.

BRAVO .... now if only they would do that with their real controllers.

Dirty Water
05-25-2008, 01:13 PM
I blame DW for this. His liberal rabble rousing has spilled into our gentle fun loving forum. He's already changed his signature three times in 30 minutes. That is an illness in my book.

I haven't changed it once. It changes on its own.

Wet_Boots
05-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't changed it once. It changes on its own.Isn't that what they've been saying about our foreign policy? :p

DanaMac
05-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I haven't changed it once. It changes on its own.

Leave it alone Dirty. Some of us actually like your style. Some of us tree hugging atheist liberal democrat types :)

irrig8r
05-25-2008, 02:23 PM

I think it just kind of adds to the mix. But then I guess a little tolerance of different ideas must be a sign I'm just another one of those damned liberals...

Not to mention that I'm a Left Coast native.

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I think it just kind of adds to the mix. But then I guess a little tolerance of different ideas must be a sign I'm just another one of those damned liberals...

Not to mention that I'm a Left Coast native.

For the record I'm a pro-life libertarian meat eating beer drinking capitalist hippie. DW's changing signature every few minutes comes across as more preachy than a one time statement by a fundamentalist. If he wants to post all his favorite quotes in the off-topic forum that is fine by me. He can do cute things with his software so I guess I should just admire that and ignore the preaching.

By the way atheism is a religion. His quotes are just another form of preaching promoting it.

Mike Leary
05-25-2008, 06:07 PM
::::Bails out of thread & watches NASCAR w/ Cabernet help:::::

Kiril
05-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!