PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Tradin Mowers????

1998tahoe
05-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I have a 2006 Cub Cadet Tank 27HP Kohler 60". It has 35 hrs on it. Would love to have a new TANK. With the new style deck and ROPS. Would it be worth the money differnce for this. I mow very few hills. BUT I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE ROPS. The dealer said something like 2500 to swap.???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-25-2008, 01:18 AM
I have a 2006 Cub Cadet Tank 27HP Kohler 60". It has 35 hrs on it. Would love to have a new TANK. With the new style deck and ROPS. Would it be worth the money differnce for this. I mow very few hills. BUT I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE ROPS. The dealer said something like 2500 to swap.???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

For me, I'd go with the old "if it ain't broke..."

MJB
05-25-2008, 01:28 AM
For me, I'd go with the old "if it ain't broke..."
Why do you have only 35hrs on that one ? Is something wrong with it?

KrayzKajun
05-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Why do you have only 35hrs on that one ? Is something wrong with it?

x2:hammerhead::hammerhead:

1998tahoe
05-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I bought it in August of 07. DURING A DROUGHT!!!!! Only mowed once last year. Few times this winter over the Rye grass. It takes me a total of 1 hr and 15 mins to mow my yard. But we are in the process of buying 7 more acres that is mowed now. So I would like to buy a little better mower. ROPS???? THere is absolutely nothing wrong with my mower. Just want the ROPS on it.....

razor1
05-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Any fab/weld shops nearby? :usflag:

tacoma200
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
When you but a ZTR or anything else there is always going to be a bigger better one they put out next year. It makes no financial sense to trade yours in. Enjoy the one you have and remember it was the bigger better one when you bought it. The new wears off anything. But it's your money, most take the ROP's off. Most company's such as Exmark will install rops on the older models, often free.

nosparkplugs
05-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I canot wait until I have a mower paid off, I agree their will always be improvements to a mower line. ROPS whats the point of them (roll over protection)? purchase one have it welded on the mower. Unless your mowing hills or wide open area's (sun shade) the ROP just gets in the way (hung up on tree limbs) when mowing around obstacles. I would like one on our next mower; however I'm not trading in a mower or running out to purchase a new one for the ROP option. I just wear large brimmed hat, long sleeve's,or now do more night mowing.