PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cub or Exmark Z hp

jathames
05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Alright guys these are what it is down to. Scag Tiger Cub 19 hp kawi 48 or the Exmark z hp 19 kawi 46 inch triton.. The tiger is around 7100 and the exmark around 6700 the scag financing is o % for 36 and the exmark is 3.9 so in real money they are going to be right around the same money ..... Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

Scagguy
05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I think it depends if you mulch or not. Imo, the Exmark is a better mulching mower than the Scag. That being said, the Scag is bullet proof and built like a tank. The Exmark is a close second. Just my .02

DillonsLawnCare
05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
what kind of grass will you be cutting??

jathames
05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
what kind of grass will you be cutting??

Bermuda, zoysia and some weed yards....

C4chris70
05-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure that is such a good price on the Scag. I just purchased the 48 inch Tiger Cub with the 19 Kawi for $5995.00. I know prices vary by region, however we are fairly close.

jathames
05-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure that is such a good price on the Scag. I just purchased the 48 inch Tiger Cub with the 19 Kawi for $5995.00. I know prices vary by region, however we are fairly close.

Chris do you know if you can still get it for this price?? Is this out the door? It may be worth me driving down and getting one for that price. Would you recommend this mower over the exmark?

Jeff

tacoma200
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Are you cutting very small lot's? I would have to demo there in Alabama before I could recommend one. Both great machines, a bit smaller than I'm used to.

jathames
05-26-2008, 11:23 AM
anyone else to chime in

Jeff

pedro
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
go orange tough as nails

grass_cuttin_fool
05-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a tiger cub and its a great mower, nice cut and reliable too, never used an exmark though........Scag alll the way

wayne

bohiaa
05-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Chris do you know if you can still get it for this price?? Is this out the door? It may be worth me driving down and getting one for that price. Would you recommend this mower over the exmark?

Jeff

DONT DRIVE THERE !!!!!!!

get in touch wiht his dealer, and in return allow hom to give you the supplyer's phone number, order it from him. he will have it shipped to your door.

this is what I did with an Exmark, the dealer still makes his Quota, and a little money doing this. you make your deal, and you will get it cheeper. and everyone's happy.

However you will have to turn a few wrenches, and you will have the shipping matarial to deal with... <-- the crate...

Good luck

freshprince94
05-26-2008, 06:10 PM
eXmark all the way.

C4chris70
05-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Jeff

That was not out the door. At this point I would not buy the cub again (or any Scag with the Velocity plus deck). I have been having a problem with blow out with this new velocity plus deck. I have tried adjusting the baffel, and tried 3 sets of blades with no luck. I am covered in dust and grass clippings after just a few yards. My dealer and distributor have been very helpful in trying to solve this problem though. They have a set of sand blades on order for me free of charge. Hope this works.

tb8100
05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
DONT DRIVE THERE !!!!!!!

get in touch wiht his dealer, and in return allow hom to give you the supplyer's phone number, order it from him. he will have it shipped to your door.

this is what I did with an Exmark, the dealer still makes his Quota, and a little money doing this. you make your deal, and you will get it cheeper. and everyone's happy.

However you will have to turn a few wrenches, and you will have the shipping matarial to deal with... <-- the crate...

Good luck

LOL. Shipping will cost a small fortune. Besides, the Exmark dealers are not allowed to do this. Go to your local dealer and support them. Otherwise, expect to be sent to the back of the line if your local dealer even chooses to work on your machine. Buying these machines online is a big no-no. :nono:

C4chris70
05-26-2008, 10:44 PM
LOL. Shipping will cost a small fortune. Besides, the Exmark dealers are not allowed to do this. Go to your local dealer and support them. Otherwise, expect to be sent to the back of the line if your local dealer even chooses to work on your machine. Buying these machines online is a big no-no. :nono:

My dealer doesn't ship equipment. He is a firm believer in servicing what he sells.

jathames
05-26-2008, 10:56 PM
My dealer doesn't ship equipment. He is a firm believer in servicing what he sells.

Chris have you ever had any experience with the exmark brand?

C4chris70
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
I had an Exmark Metro 36 about ten years ago. I had problems with the cast aluminium spindels going bad. I haven't run the Exmark brand lately because Scag has been so great I keep buying the orange machines. I do have several friends that run Exmark though and are as loyal to them as I am to Scag. I would suggest setting up a demo for both.

dura to the max
05-26-2008, 11:33 PM
i love both machines. both are tough, and have great cuts. i currently run exmark b/c of dealer support, but would buy a scag for the right money if i had a dealer.