PDA

View Full Version : Turf Paint

Fantasy Lawns
12-21-2001, 06:29 PM
We've read some post of Lesco Turf Paint .... but I've have really never seen a Sample here ....sooo

We use to Spray it in VA ........in Fla this is usually not an issue ...

some customers wish to have things out of the norm ......this one is a putting green which recieves high maintanence ...n a rye is not an option ......the St. Aug on the side is nice n green ..... we just cleaned the bricks (CLR) ...... but she looks like %$#^

http://fantasylawns.com/Before_Put.jpg

Fantasy Lawns
12-21-2001, 06:30 PM
Than After ;->

http://fantasylawns.com/After_Put.jpg

mdb landscaping
12-21-2001, 06:52 PM
that looks really nice. did you do the install of the putting green?

Fantasy Lawns
12-21-2001, 06:56 PM
we did the tear out n install about 4 years ago ....it was just plain plot of mix crud grass

Ric
12-21-2001, 07:07 PM
Steve

I posted a while back that I had painted Bahia for a real estate open house. It lasted until summmer rains kicked in. Your putting green looks great.

turfinator
12-21-2001, 09:47 PM
I just wanted to say how good that looks. Its the first time Ive seen an example of what a difference turf paint can make. Just wondering how long it normally lasts for. When it rains does it all come off at once or would it be more like a clothing dye that after several washes you see fading. From what I remember turf paint is quite costly do you use it only for special applications. Lastly can it be used with Kentucky Blue Grass?

Ric
12-21-2001, 10:06 PM
Turfinator

I said it lasted until summer rains. I guess I should have said until it grew out. Dormate grass will not grow out as fast as Steves putting green. Steves putting green is still growing so it will not last as long.

Steve what type of grass is on the putting green??? what are you using to cut it with??? How short are you cutting it???? Most greens are cut with a reel mower at about 1/8 to 1/10 of an inch to keep them rolling fast. This means real high maintenance. I am glad it is you and not me doing this. Looks great Steve.

Atlantic Lawn
12-22-2001, 08:33 AM
What type applicator did you use and how much did it cost, and what did ya charge?

Fantasy Lawns
12-22-2001, 10:36 AM
http://fantasylawns.com/reel_mower.jpg

The Customer bought this mower just for the Green ....(he owns couple car dealerships n is one of the best resi customers we have) ..... we take care of it n get the blades sharpen at a local golf coarse for $40 each Spring ....it only cuts this green

1 Gallon cost $40 ..... 6-10 oz per 1 Gallon Water ...the green took 4 gallons to "Paint" .... 2 applications in a cross pattern ....apply with a fine nozzle with a 2.5 Gallon Sprayer

Last 6-8 Weeks n does NOT just wash off .....keep anything you don't want green "wet" if near by n worried of wind drift (we hose the bricks before .....during n after)

This is part of his "Full" Service account .... he pays for the paint but the labor is "Included" .... needless to say he pays well ...near to 3 figures if you used a "per cut" thought process ... (so x's that by 42 n divided by 12 for the monthly charge)

he owns the home next door n bought this one because is has a pool in the back (go figure) it's also the guest home as he entertains alot ;->

David Gretzmier
12-22-2001, 11:22 PM
cool- was it brown before you started? or was that the first picture of it semi-green? Daveg

Equipguy
12-23-2001, 12:47 PM
What a great idea! Thanks