PDA

View Full Version : Hyro motor or wheel pump ZTR's

Big C
05-25-2008, 01:02 PM
What is the advantage/disadvantage of a ztr with a hydro motor and one with wheel pumps and motors..please enlighten me...which is better and why

tacoma200
05-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Most ZTRs have two hydraulic pumps and two hydraulic wheel motors. I don't understand your question. John Deere had only one pump and now they have went to an integrated pump/motor but they are the exception I think.

Albemarle Lawn
05-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Theoretically integrated pump/motor avoids cross-contaminaton in event of a failure, and reduces leak points.

Realistically, there is no advantage. The integrated unit will cost as much as a pump and motor put together.

Big C
05-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Most ZTRs have two hydraulic pumps and two hydraulic wheel motors. I don't understand your question. John Deere had only one pump and now they have went to an integrated pump/motor but they are the exception I think.

Vistied a Gravely dealer and they mention to me the seperate motor/pump verses the hydro design assembly in the 2 models of 48 inch commercial ztr's (the ztr's with the seperate pumps and motors were on avg. $1000 more in price.)

ed2hess
05-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Some of the companies are integrating the pump and wheel motor together sorta like the Walker and the Eaton. I think in general that helps them lower the manuf cost and the retail price like you have found. The down side from my viewpint is that when you have a problem that assembly will cost more than a hydro pump or a wheel motor. Normally both don't go. I don't think there are shops to repair those integrated units yet....certainly not in case of the walker. And since this is new into mowing industry how reliable are these new units:confused: Maybe you are talking about something else?

tacoma200
05-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Vistied a Gravely dealer and they mention to me the seperate motor/pump verses the hydro design assembly in the 2 models of 48 inch commercial ztr's (the ztr's with the seperate pumps and motors were on avg. $1000 more in price.)

Two separate pumps and two wheel motors are the industry standard at this time so I would go that route. It's a proven system.