PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day !

David Gretzmier
05-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd like to wish all the folks on the lighting side a happy memorial day. Anybody else taking the day off ? I will continue my long grilling weekend today with grilled bratwurst, pork chops, hamburgers and grilled catfish. Having already grilled steaks, chicken, hot dogs, shrimp and brisket, I am ready to cover the rest of my food groups today. Happy 3-day weekend !

Lite4
05-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I should be working today, but laziness got the better of me this morning so Happy 3 day weekend for me. Plus the clients I am currently working at have company in town and I don't really want to be out there digging while they are out barbequeing.

Chris J
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I decided when I became self employed that I would no longer work weekends or holidays. That's the part I love most about self employment; Monday will always come so what's the rush? Before my business was created, I was always trying to keep "the man" happy. Now, the "MAN" is extremely happy because he has time for his family and friends.
Honor this day by remembering the fallen soldiers who gave their life so that we could have a life.
"Land of the free, because of the brave!" :usflag:

The Lighting Geek
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Nobody wants my mug at their house on a holiday. I'd like to make a toast, to all the veterans who made this country great, and gave so much for the freedom we take for granted, and to my distant uncle Johnny, Crew Chief, who was under heavy fire landing in a Viet Nam LZ, took a round in the rotor of his helecopter, waited for the rotors to stop, climbed atop the helicopter to stick his chewing gum the hole and saved the lives of his crew and the wounded his was there to pick up. True Story.

Chris J
05-26-2008, 11:53 PM
:drinkup: Cheers to that!