PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new Quick

MulchMan88
05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
the first day i took it out after i got it, it was acting funny. it did perfectly fine on the first job, then on the second it started to choke/bog out. its like i wasnt holding down the left lever really hard. when i got to the 3rd place it was really bad, and the motor would pop every 3 seconds or so. it got to the point where it actually cut off. i finally called BOP on the job, and they told me to tighten the cable on the lever because it sounded like there was a lot of play in the cable, like the mower was still on choke or something. so i did that, and went to the last place and it did a tad better, still would pop every now and then. well today i cut my own lawn and it choked out again, all the time. something isnt right. anyone have any problems with this?

John Gamba
05-26-2008, 07:58 PM
the first day i took it out after i got it, it was acting funny. it did perfectly fine on the first job, then on the second it started to choke/bog out. its like i wasnt holding down the left lever really hard. when i got to the 3rd place it was really bad, and the motor would pop every 3 seconds or so. it got to the point where it actually cut off. i finally called BOP on the job, and they told me to tighten the cable on the lever because it sounded like there was a lot of play in the cable, like the mower was still on choke or something. so i did that, and went to the last place and it did a tad better, still would pop every now and then. well today i cut my own lawn and it choked out again, all the time. something isnt right. anyone have any problems with this?

Call gary.He has a great team to help with problems like this.

GFTC
05-26-2008, 07:59 PM
tighten it more. I had the same prob. tighening the cable fixed it.

MulchMan88
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
its as tight as it will go, thats the thing. i cant figure it out. im gonna give them a call tomorrow.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-26-2008, 11:52 PM
yep call Gary at BOP.

milkie62
05-27-2008, 12:40 AM
sounds like choke is partially on and the cable housing slipped.

tip184
05-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Which engine do you have? The 15 hp Kawasaki on my 44 has the choke control incorporated in the throttle lever (all the way forward is choke, pull back a bit for full throttle with no choke). There is no noticeable notch, stop, or detent to indicate the full-throttle/no-choke position, so I have to be careful not to engage the choke after starting. If you have the same engine check to be sure that you're not choking it.

WHIPPLE5.7
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Make sure there is no motor oil in the air filter. Thast can happen during shipping on gas engines if they tip or something. When I got my little wonder edger the air filter was so full of oil the thing wouldn't stay running or rev up.