PDA

View Full Version : exmark 36 viking (grass discharge question)

lawncarepros2004
05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
just picked up a grass gobbler bag for my 36 viking. looks like a baffling blocks the chute from direct fire of grass. is this large baffling that goes under the whole deck supposed to be removed? Also where do you fellas like to run the height on these machines? Thanks!

Roger
05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Where is the baffling you are speaking about? Is it along the front edge of the discharge chute, or at the rear?

I have an Exmark 36" Viking, and use a Grass Gobbler for a bagger. Mine has a weldment bolted to the underside of the deck, but at the rear of the chute. It does not interfere with the flow of clippings, which happens along the front edge. I take out nothing, or reinstall nothing when going from discharge to bagging.

My machine and Grass Gobbler are about 10 years old. Perhaps the designs of one, or both, have changed.

A pic would help illustrate your question.

lawncarepros2004
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
i won't be able to get a photo up till tomorrow..................but it is new model and the baffling that is front of grass catcher seems to be in the way. i'll be back with more.

Roger
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I didn't even ask about the catcher. My GG has no baffle inside the catcher.

I think Wright offered a design that was intended to create a "Venturi" effect. I have not seen one. The design was made so that the debris accelerated as it left the mower, packing the catcher full more consistently. Perhaps that is what the baffle is about. Did you get any manual? Have you used it, and found it not to work? ... to work well?

lawncarepros2004
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
got er figured out. turns out it had the muching kit on it. DUH! thanks for your replys.