PDA

View Full Version : 36" Scag belt drive

Groh's Mows
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I had been sitting on listing this, but saw a post looking for a similar mower and decided to put it out there. This is my 2006 Scag 36" belt drive model SW with the 16 hp KAI engine and 5 speed and fixed deck. I replaced it with a TTHP but actually still have been using this quite a bit. Mower has about 70 hours on it right now with almost 60 hours showing on the current hour meter. First meter quit at either 10 or 13 hours. I purchased this from a lawn service in Omaha NE that had gotten it about a week before going out of business and it was basically brand new. Includes the factory soft bagger, my homemade mulch plate, a new in the box hurricane mulch kit and one set each of factory high lifts and gator mulch blades. Solo operator, so only I have run it and used Mobil 1 10W30 after break-in. $2000 for everything, but open to offers. I only log on from time to time so PM me your phone number if interested.

PMLawns
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
bump.......

PMLawns
05-29-2008, 10:33 AM
...I wasn't sure if you saw my post....but I am interested in your mulch kit. Please let me know what you think. I am curios as to what shipping may be. Let me know how you make out.

lgyardservices
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I will offer you $2150 shipped to 82601

Groh's Mows
05-30-2008, 02:14 AM
PM Lawns, I sent you a pm about it. Post or zip code or pm it to me and I will try to get by mailboxes etc. or somewhere like that to get a price to ship to you. The box the mulch kit cames in is fairly large but not all that heavy. I might be able to pack it in a smaller box for a little cheaper rate. Everything is there and the hardware is all in an unopened plastic bag. I just looked at the invoice and I paid 300 with tax. I would take 175 plus the cost to ship just to be rid of it.

Groh's Mows
05-30-2008, 02:25 AM
lgyardservices, I looked at all posts by you and you have made offers on about 10-15 items on this forum shippped to your zip code. I would be willing to ship the mower and I have a couple pallets and a pick-up with a lift gate so truck shipping from a terminal to a terminal near you is doable. That said, the money would have to be in my hot little hand first so I don't know how serious you are. Personally I wouldn't buy a mower without looking at it and running it, but that it just me. In this case you would be in luck as I am an honest person and the mower is in great shape and cuts and runs great so let me know.

lgyardservices
05-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Well yeah i have made a lot of posts lately with offers for walkbehinds. =)
I am really desperate for a bigger mower this year and there seems to be a lot for sale on this forum. but anyways, I am really interested in the mower. And yeah defiantely, i would send you a check before you shipped it or whatever. Please keep me posted on what you think. And maybe a few more pics? thanks

PMLawns
05-30-2008, 03:32 AM
My zip is 17356 for that mulch kit.

Groh's Mows
06-02-2008, 12:10 PM
"I will offer you $2150 shipped to 82601"

Called around about shipping this morning. Terminal to terminal is the most cost effective way to ship something this large. The best rate I found was just under $500 to a freight terminal in Barr Nunn or Evansville. I am guessing these towns are right next to Casper. I would sell it to you shipped for $2250 including the bagger, cloth bag and a mulch plate I made that closes off the deck using the bagger mount (It will mulch fairly well in weekly mowing with this modification and mulches leaves in the fall to a fine dust). One extra set of gators and one set high-lifts plus the gator blades on the mower would be on the pallet and I would send along the manual and all paperwork I have. I won't include the mulch kit at that price as I may have it sold separately. All the oil and gas has to be drained to ship a mower so it would have no oil in the crankcase when you receive it.

ChrisT300
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Im in st. louis would you take $1500 and meet half way. I have cash

Groh's Mows
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
"Im in st. louis would you take $1500 and meet half way. I have cash"

No, I won't sell it for that. I think the mulch kit is sold seperately, so I will lower the price if that sale goes through. My wife has family in KC, MO. so I might be able to meet there or a little further east but that still leaves the bulk of the driving on you.

Groh's Mows
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I would also be open to some items for a partial trade if anybody has something around. A decent 21" self prop mower, prefer a commercial model. Also a handheld blower like a BG85 or equivalent model but no backpack models and a Lesco spreader...

lgyardservices
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I am still interested. How much are you gonna take off since the mulch kit is sold separately? I have a couple Toro 21"...One is commercial. I also have a handheld Stihl blower, I forgot the model number. But i would be willing to trade these. Once again the shipping problem comes in again tho. =( thanks and tell me what u think.

Groh's Mows
06-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Sold the mulch kit to a lawn site member. New price for mower and bagger $1,750 and still open to interesting trades.

PMLawns
06-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Yes sir and a free bump!!

tinbndr
06-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Have cash in hand whats your bottom dollar?

Groh's Mows
06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
"Have cash in hand whats your bottom dollar?"

Well I lowered the price to 1750 after selling the mulch kit, so I pretty close to it. You can call me at 259-4306 to set a time to look at it if you would like. Heck, I've got several yards you can use it on just to see how you like it:).