PDA

View Full Version : new turf tiger

P.Services
05-26-2008, 08:24 PM
ive had it a few weeks now but just got around to taking a few quick pics. it has the 61'' velocity and a 29hp dfi kawasaki. i also have the rops and a clam shell bagger for it that i will put on soon. oh and it has a striping kit on allready.

DillonsLawnCare
05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
how much did that set you back??

ojpent
05-26-2008, 08:28 PM
nice mower!!! :waving:

metro36
05-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Nice, I love orange mowers.

P.Services
05-26-2008, 08:29 PM
i bought it used with 146 hours on it so a lot less then new. and it came with a striper on it so that saved me another $400 bucks

Mike Blevins
05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!! mower. That will take your lawns to the next level with that stripe bar. You made a wise choice my friend. "Simply the Best" Let us know how you like it. :usflag:

bohiaa
05-26-2008, 08:42 PM
maybe a dumb Q

But where is the fuel cell on those machines ? cant tell from the pics

P.Services
05-26-2008, 08:48 PM
under the seat, see the filler neck on it just to the right of the seat?

P.Services
05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!! mower. That will take your lawns to the next level with that stripe bar. You made a wise choice my friend. "Simply the Best" Let us know how you like it. :usflag:

i dont know how you wax yours so much, what a pain in the a$$ my hands are all cut up and bleeding from all the hard to reach places.

STIHL GUY
05-26-2008, 08:51 PM
nice mower

bohiaa
05-26-2008, 09:00 PM

ahhhh OK. I'm a Exmark man myself, Even though that's a GREAT looking machine,
I wish you many happy years of service

Mike Blevins
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
i dont know how you wax yours so much, what a pain in the a$$ my hands are all cut up and bleeding from all the hard to reach places.

I waxed mine when I first got it and then around a month later. Its pretty dirty right now. I will mow with it this week and give it a good waxing this sunday along with the truck and it should be back to new condition. I know it a b**ch to wax but I know guys that wax their mowers and they are 4 or 5 years old and still look new. It keeps the paint from fading and lets face it I paid alot of money for my mower and want it look new as long as I can. You keep that Scag waxed and serviced and it will last and look new for years. These guys that just mow with their mowers and dont take care of them have alot more money than I do. My honda push mower is 5 years old and still looks like a new one. And yeas I wax it too. I know my wife laughs at me too. LOL You still have one awsome mower!

P.Services
05-26-2008, 09:46 PM
i am going to get one of those scruber cloth balls that goes on the end of a cordless drill, there are so many places i just cant get to and really scrub. with that it will get into all the nooks and a quick spin of the ball and it will be ready for wax. i used that miguiers (spelling?) and it really worked good. i think i will wax my push mower and the enclosed trailer next.

lifetree
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
I waxed mine when I first got it and then around a month later ... I know it a b**ch to wax but I know guys that wax their mowers and they are 4 or 5 years old and still look new. It keeps the paint from fading and lets face it I paid alot of money for my mower and want it look new as long as I can. You keep that Scag waxed and serviced and it will last and look new for years. ...

I clean my ZTR once a year at the end of the season after it has been serviced ... cleaning to include all the hard to reach places, rust re-oxidizing agent, and then touch up paint where needed !! I find that this type of treatment once per year is sufficent to keep it looking new. Of course, a few times through the course of the season I will wash it off with water ... and blow it off after each use.

Mike Blevins
05-26-2008, 09:56 PM
i am going to get one of those scruber cloth balls that goes on the end of a cordless drill, there are so many places i just cant get to and really scrub. with that it will get into all the nooks and a quick spin of the ball and it will be ready for wax. i used that miguiers (spelling?) and it really worked good. i think i will wax my push mower and the enclosed trailer next.

I have a friend that paints and he waxes his enclosed trailer because he keeps it outside. It has looked new ever since he purchased it. Thats a good idea on the drill cloths might have to try that one myself. Another thing that might help is make sure you drop the deck all the way down.

Big Red Ferris
05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
the gas tank is under the seat along with the hydo tank and filter i set them up for 2 yrs there nice unit when you have smooth lawn :usflag:

FIRESCOOBY
05-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I waxed mine before it cut it's first blade of grass. My wife thought I was crazy, but I spent $10k for that mower and intend on keeping it running AND looking as close to new as possible. I blow it off AT LEAST at the end of the day, if not more than once.

The resale is already GREAT on these mowers in my area, wanna do as good as I can when it comes time to buy a new one.

Green Team Landscaping
05-26-2008, 10:35 PM
that thing looks like a freaking beast

tacoma200
05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Already took the roll bar off?

P.Services
05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Already took the roll bar off?

yeah but only because the hardware was finger tight and i was going to mow with it. i may put it on when i put my bagger on so it protects it a little

Lawnut101
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
That's real nice. I hope you like it.

FIRESCOOBY
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah but only because the hardware was finger tight and i was going to mow with it. i may put it on when i put my bagger on so it protects it a little

I intended to leave mine on, but after breaking numerous branches and getting slapped in the back of the head with limbs I removed mine.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Beautiful,look @ the machine to all the scag bashers c'mon itz got cut and last season after season............:cool2:

tacoma200
05-26-2008, 10:52 PM

I took my rop off the Lazer but I actually mow some steep area's with my Tiger so I use it a few time per week.

tb8100
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM

That sexy beast is screaming for an OCDC....

P.Services
05-26-2008, 11:43 PM
That sexy beast is screaming for an OCDC....

yeah i need one for when im not running the bagger. has anyone used the hurricane mulching system on the velocity deck?

puppypaws
05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
i bought it used with 146 hours on it so a lot less then new. and it came with a striper on it so that saved me another $400 bucks

That mower looks better than any new mower I have ever seen, that waxing really makes it look good!

P.Services
05-27-2008, 12:03 AM
the price tag made it look better then any new mower i have ever seen!!! i was about to buy a brand new one from my dealer when i found this used one and got it for a little over half the cost of a new one.

puppypaws
05-27-2008, 12:12 AM
the price tag made it look better then any new mower i have ever seen!!! i was about to buy a brand new one from my dealer when i found this used one and got it for a little over half the cost of a new one.

I will guarantee there is no difference in your mower and the new one except yours looks better.

02DURAMAX
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Man it looks New!!!!...NIce Scag!!!!

Turf Gnome
06-25-2008, 03:45 AM
What type of wax do you guys use? I am awaiting my Scag TT any day now and want to keep it as new as I can for ever. I'm anal and with a 11k investment, it's as much as an economy car so why not!

P.Services
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
any good rub on wax like mothers or miguiers or turtle wax will work

Mike Blevins
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM

I agree. Since its drying up here i will have plenty of time to get a gooood waxing on everything.

Youngone07
06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
that is a very nice mower, $$how much$$ ?11000 12000 12500 is it more productive

P.Services
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
i paid $7,000, bought it used with 146 hours on it from a john deere dealer. if i didnt have this mower theres no way i could be mowing the lawns i do and still do them fast and make $$$$$.

P.Services
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I agree. Since its drying up here i will have plenty of time to get a gooood waxing on everything.

yeah mines do for another wax but im going to make a little power scruber for a cordless drill to get in all the hard to reach places

Turf Gnome
06-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Those Maguire's or Mother's power balls are great. I've used them on my car's rims for a while now. I'll have to find some good wax for the Scag...

cutedge
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
www.adamspolishes.com, his stuff is great, very easy to use in direct sunlight, won't stain plastics and removes even easier than applying it!

Mow N GO 06
06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Wish our grass looked as strong as yours. Nice Mower too!! Good purchase!!

greenred
06-27-2008, 12:27 AM

I used to detail cars on the side and miguiers is at the top of my list next to mothers. The ironic thing is I started doing that kind of stuff washing and waxing my grandpas old Model 1811 Cub Cadet Hydro

But what kind of soap do you use to get the grime off and do you use a power washer?

P.Services
06-27-2008, 07:08 PM
some com. soap from the hardware soap. just hand wash with a scruber and a garden hoes