PDA

View Full Version : My first mower!!!

Classified
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Well I picked up 70 accounts last week so I figured I had to head down to the home depot to pick up a mower so i can start cutting tomorrow.

What do you think?

I bet it would cut circles around all your fancy zero turn mowers!!!

totallawncare25
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
shoot what is wrong with that go get it dirty and make some money back with it.... Let it pay for itself LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

newz7151
05-27-2008, 12:31 AM
shoot what is wrong with that go get it dirty and make some money back with it.... Let it pay for itself LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

But hurry and make at least $300 a week with it so you can stock up on replacement engines and just change them out at the end of every week. Or at the very least, stock up on replacement carburetors so you can change em out once a month.

retrodog
05-27-2008, 01:11 AM
I bought one of those 4 years ago for my in town house, and I think it lasted half a year mowing the smallest yard I have ever seen about every 2 weeks. It didn't last a season...lol. Not to make you feel bad about your purchase, heck a guy brought a brand new Craftsman push mower to the shop the other day he paid $499 for!! it had electric start, and self propelled, but you have to be kidding me....lol It mowed his yard once, and then he couldn't get it to start again. I had a used Dixon zero turn all serviced and ready to go I would have sold him for $499.....I told him too. He is trying to get his money back...lol

MileHigh
05-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Well I picked up 70 accounts last week so I figured I had to head down to the home depot to pick up a mower so i can start cutting tomorrow.

What do you think?

I bet it would cut circles around all your fancy zero turn mowers!!!

Good luck on doing 70 accounts with that.

I bet you won't make it through half without problems. sorry.

02DURAMAX
05-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Good luck on doing 70 accounts with that.

I bet you won't make it through half without problems. sorry.

I'm sure hes just pulling our leg...He has commercial equipment..just look at his sig. he has also posted his equipment pics on here..TTHP Ect....

MileHigh
05-27-2008, 02:39 AM
I'm sure hes just pulling our leg...He has commercial equipment..just look at his sig. he has also posted his equipment pics on here..TTHP Ect....

oh..ooops, now i feel like a jacka$$

Classified
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Bladescapes why you gotta be so harsh on a 2 year old tryn to make some cash. I just want to be bling bling!

LOL, yeah im just kidding around. I did just buy it from home depot though. I just needed a cheapie little mower for a couple tight spots on a few of my commercial jobs. Figure it will take less time then using the trimmer. I do hope it lasts awhile, i spent the extra money over the yard machines that was $130 hoping for something that will last me a couple years mowing a few srtipes of grass a couple times a week. First time I bought a non commercial unit for my company, just didnt want to spend $1000 right now on a 21" mower. this one was mucho cheapo

therealdeal412
05-27-2008, 08:43 AM
I have the same exact mower but mine is self-propelled, I bought it off a guy for $125

newz7151
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I do hope it lasts awhile, i spent the extra money over the yard machines that was $130 hoping for something that will last me a couple years mowing a few srtipes of grass a couple times a week.

They're both made by MTD, you should have just bought the Yard Machines and saved whatever that extra money was.

Classified
05-27-2008, 10:24 PM
They're both made by MTD, you should have just bought the Yard Machines and saved whatever that extra money was.

Ehh oh well. It worked out great today for what it is. Plus I like the wheels better on this one, lol

K c m
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
But hurry and make at least $300 a week with it so you can stock up on replacement engines and just change them out at the end of every week. Or at the very least, stock up on replacement carburetors so you can change em out once a month.

don't listen to this guy man. Its a great mower. I mow about 20 accounts with it weekly and it hasn't given me any problems. Good luck. :weightlifter:

newz7151
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
don't listen to this guy man. Its a great mower. I mow about 20 accounts with it weekly and it hasn't given me any problems. Good luck. :weightlifter:

Yes, yes, he's right, don't listen to the person that has gotten sick of seeing them come in for repairs with the paint not even scratched under the deck and customers complaining of surging and MTD telling us the only thing to trouble shoot is to replace the carburetor as they are producing them so fast and low cost that some of the carburetors are not being drilled correctly.

But yeah, go ahead, maybe you got one of the 2 out of 5 that has the good carb.

Kennedy Landscaping
05-28-2008, 12:08 AM
I've got that same exact mower, bought it about a year ago and the only problem i had was i broke the air cleaner housing off while trimming around an A/C unit. Great Mower! good luck to you with it!

farmerkev
05-28-2008, 12:34 AM
I think it comes down to how their used. My neighbors dont cut their lawn till its knee high, and go through mowers left and right, they also mow over all the rocks and sticks in the yard. I mow mine weekly, and up until a week ago, I used a mower thats as old as me, but it rusted out from under me, and my lawn looks better.

Classified
05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
hey guys relax. it was a joke more than anything. I have a few stripes of grass at a couple different commercial locations that the mower will be used on. it will get about 15 mins of use a week. I bought it as a cheapie knowing it could break, however i take great care of my stuff so i hope it will prolong the life of it for a few years. if not, no biggie.

K c m
05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes, yes, he's right, don't listen to the person that has gotten sick of seeing them come in for repairs with the paint not even scratched under the deck

I take it you're a mechanic, certainly not a buisness man with a statement like that.

Supper Grassy
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Nice Mower

deere615
05-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice, I hope it suits its purpose for you

newz7151
05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I take it you're a mechanic, certainly not a buisness man with a statement like that.

I am both. Why would I want people to keep spending their hard earned money on something that isn't holding up a large percentage of the time? I'm a fair business man, not a politician.

K c m
05-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I hear ya. Fair don't cut it though. You should be welcoming the idea of a "lawncare professional" illequipt to fix a small problem with a moneymaker. Plain and simple. IN fact being in business and operating equipment nomatter who it is should be able to fix small engins, run a jazzbox and understand that the brushes on the alternator are shot. WEll the rectifier if we wanna get techincal about it.

Grasshog
05-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Thats how I started.. Use to toss it in the trunk of a 626 Mazda and off I go

RedMax Man
05-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I am both. Why would I want people to keep spending their hard earned money on something that isn't holding up a large percentage of the time? I'm a fair business man, not a politician.

The best mowers from Home Depot are the Honda 21" mowers. They last the longest hands down.

lifetree
05-30-2008, 10:33 PM

I knew it couldn't be for real !!

deere615
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
The best mowers from Home Depot are the Honda 21" mowers. They last the longest hands down.

I agree with that